Safeway phone interview, huh?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trailerpark

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a phone interview from safeway. I don't see how they could tell if they wanted to hire someone from a phone interview. Has anyone ever did one with a company or was the interviewer on the phone. Whats the best way to prepare for phone interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I've done a couple of phone interviews over the years. I think they were primarily screening tools aimed at getting a grasp on general communication skills, overall personality, etc. They were followed up with invitations for an in-person interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Best advice I ever got for phone interviews was to dress as if you were going to an in person interview. It will help you get set for the professional tone you would usually have when interviewing in person.

Phone interviews are a pretty common screening tool for retail and hospital alike. Rarely would you be hired off a phone interview. Usually they comprise of a casual conversation, or, more commonly the behavioral HR type questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a phone interview from safeway. I don't see how they could tell if they wanted to hire someone from a phone interview. Has anyone ever did one with a company or was the interviewer on the phone. Whats the best way to prepare for phone interviews?

Didn't for my job, but did for pharmacy school. Just had a lot of hard times back then ie including no car (and couldn't get a ride at the time) to my interview. Needless to say they were very understanding and it was conducted over the phone. Personally I thought I lost my shot after this, but was so grateful once you receive that acceptance letter!

Prepare for it like any other interview.

I know this is like 3 year old thread but i also have phone interview coming up with them. What kinda question should i expect? Do they ask question about dosing or are they behavioral questions?