Saint Joseph College - School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!
I interviewed at Roosevelt too! Which school did you end up choosing?

hi i was accepted to 4 schools and i pay deposits to 3 of the schools. i was accepted to a fully accrediate school but it is 4 yrs. so i dont want to be in school longer than i have to be so i am leaning towards roosevelt but havnt set anything in stone yet. i am not sure which school i should attend.

what about u which school are you attending

Members don't see this ad.

fyi
as a pharmacist and an employer, I NEVER asked except in casual discussion where an applicant went to School. A Pharmacist is a Pharmacist as far as initial discussion . From there, it is what have you done to distinguish yourself or what are your ideas about pharmacy etc.
good luck

Really? That's great to hear! That was frankly the only thing that really concerned me about this school. Thanks for your response!

hi i was accepted to 4 schools and i pay deposits to 3 of the schools. i was accepted to a fully accrediate school but it is 4 yrs. so i dont want to be in school longer than i have to be so i am leaning towards roosevelt but havnt set anything in stone yet. i am not sure which school i should attend.

what about u which school are you attending

That's great getting accepted to 4 schools! Yeah, what I like about St. Joe's and Roosevelt is that they are 3 year programs.. I haven't heard back from either schools yet.. It's so nerve wracking. I've been checking my inbox every couple of hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
i was interviewed on march 21st and got accepted on april 4th..

For anyone who applied to Saint. Josephs, did you send letter of recommendations to PharmCAS only, or to both Pharmcas and the school.

Saint Josephs page on PharmCAS indicates a very confusing run on sentence about the LOR process.

Thank you

For anyone who applied to Saint. Josephs, did you send letter of recommendations to PharmCAS only, or to both Pharmcas and the school.

Saint Josephs page on PharmCAS indicates a very confusing run on sentence about the LOR process.

Thank you

If I remember correctly, I only sent my LOR to pharmcas. You might want to call SJC anyways to confirm.

yea I did the same thing..I only sent my LOR to Pharmcas

I am waitlisted :( I wonder what my chances are :xf:

I was accepted to this school a month ago, I'm leaning more towards this school as it's a three year program and I like the location. I'm from cali just curious if anyone else is from cali too? Oh yeah and where are you guys going to be living?

I was accepted to this school a month ago, I'm leaning more towards this school as it's a three year program and I like the location. I'm from cali just curious if anyone else is from cali too? Oh yeah and where are you guys going to be living?

I'm not from Cali but I'm from Texas. There are some townhouses and apartments called the Lofts near the school. The townhouses are much cheaper than the Lofts apartments. I heard SJC is trying to negotiate prices for the townhouses. Both are owned by the same company. The Lofts are pretty expensive, ~$1000 for a one bedroom plus ~$100 for parking. You will be able to walk to school living at either places.

Hey LL23, I will have a car but I wanted to live close to campus. The town houses are nice, but I just wanted to know if there were better options. Are you guys on the FB page, because for some reason it shows only 11 people. I hope we really do have a full class, it seems like a lot of people gave their deposits but are now going to other schools : ( How many of you guys are still going to SJC?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey LL23, I will have a car but I wanted to live close to campus. The town houses are nice, but I just wanted to know if there were better options. Are you guys on the FB page, because for some reason it shows only 11 people. I hope we really do have a full class, it seems like a lot of people gave their deposits but are now going to other schools : ( How many of you guys are still going to SJC?

Yeah I am wondering who is actually going to be attending too! I am still planning on going to SJC in August. Also, does anyone know of any apartments that are available around the area and how much they cost? Thanks

I am assuming that most of the places near the school is going to pretty expensive considering it is in downtown. I have a family member living in Manchester, CT. She lives about 10-15 mins away from the campus. The drive is not too bad but if you are not used to driving in the snow then I wouldn't suggest living that far. She lives in a 2 bedroom for about ~$1200 plus other bills. You don't have to pay for parking though.

Hey guys, I'm not a pharmacy student but I go to UConn Med. Just as a heads up, the Hartford West End probably has some of the cheaper rents in the area. I live in a small studio for $565 a month, and if you get roommates you could easily get your rent down to $4-500. You'll need a car to get downtown, or you can take the bus but the schedules are inconvenient.

What's the deal with this school? Is it opening for sure? Is it literally just one building downtown, or are there labs and stuff in the surrounding areas?

Hey! I am going to SJC in the fall! Coming to find an apartment mid June. Any ideas of where is good to look? Thinking a loft studio or 1 bedroom, but am open to a roommate???

Find me on facebook! Kristen Masood

Can't wait to meet everyone!

fyi,....full house plus long waiting list so everything a go in Hartford. Talk to Meredith for housing info
see you all in august...we are excited

Hi Congratulations to everyone accepted… SJC Pharmacy school is going to be a great school. I personally know some of the professors they hired and they are leaders in their field. I also got accepted along with my fiancée. We own a house in the West end of Hartford we are going to rent two cheap rooms for pharmacy students only. Pm me if anyone is interested. Look forward to see you guys in the Fall!

Hi Everyone...I am looking for roommates as well...I am a female from NY...I heard we can probably find cheaper apartments around the area. Kristen you can send me a PM if your still looking for a roommate. I haven't joined the FB page as of yet, I just got my acceptance today...:)...

Hey guys! congrats on the acceptance..I'm so excited for August! I'm looking for roomates too and def. am looking into the townhouses b/c you get your own bedroom and they're so close. My name is Krys Marotta if you want to find me on facebook :)

Hey guys, I applied to sjc and mcp, and I got into both! But I'm so confused in to which one I should go! I like mcp more because their program is been for a while, but sjc is a good school too! You guys, who especially got into sjc, what do u think?

Hey guys, I applied to sjc and mcp, and I got into both! But I'm so confused in to which one I should go! I like mcp more because their program is been for a while, but sjc is a good school too! You guys, who especially got into sjc, what do u think?

When did you interview for SJC?

Hey guys, so I am 95% sure I will be attending SJC of pharmacy in the Fall. However, to those who already go to school there - is it unsafe? I've been researching and so many people are talking about how unsafe Hartford is. Have you guys had any problems? I'm a small girl coming from a small town so I' have no experience living in a big city like Hartford. All this talk about Hartford being so unsafe is making me scared. Also, are there good 1 bedroom/ studios around the school?