Salary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HeyNapkin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

Throughout many specialties i've been exposed to, I really like psych. The topic of mental health is just interesting to me. I'm going to be honest. I've given up a lot for my career and I do want to live a somewhat expensive life in the future. However, regardless of the salary, I still want to do psych. Now I know that psychiatrists earn like 150-200k a year but is that with a normal 40 hour week? Also, are there any ways for a psychiatrist to maximize his/her earnings and what is the rough cap?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello

Throughout many specialties i've been exposed to, I really like psych. The topic of mental health is just interesting to me. I'm going to be honest. I've given up a lot for my career and I do want to live a somewhat expensive life in the future. However, regardless of the salary, I still want to do psych. Now I know that psychiatrists earn like 150-200k a year but is that with a normal 40 hour week? Also, are there any ways for a psychiatrist to maximize his/her earnings and what is the rough cap?

Thanks.

This is a common set of questions -- which is good for you because it means that there is already tons of information available. Check out the search feature in the upper right corner and you will have all your questions answered x100.

Reactions: 3 users