Salary SubForum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turkeyjerky

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just to introduce myself, I'm a senior resident; frequent lurker and occasional poster in this forum. Finding accurate pay information is difficult, and I just wanted to throw out the idea for a private subforum where people would post their pay rates along with other pertinent information about positions. I think this could be a great resource for informing residents as well as anyone else looking to change jobs, without the downside of publicly available information for those who want to avoid that.

Members don't see this ad.

Just throwing this out there, but what's to present a member of this proposed private subforum from just publicly posting (on SDN or elsewhere, like FB, or their Twatter-machine) the information they glean from it?

I also think that the regulars here have been extremely open about the basics of their compensation models. I see very specific salary and hourly rates posted on the EM forum pretty commonly. What people have generally been less open about (perhaps rightly so) is their partnership (where applicable) and non-clinical income, whether from investments, real estate, medical or other side businesses or whatever. I'm not sure a private sub-forum is going to change that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to introduce myself, I'm a senior resident; frequent lurker and occasional poster in this forum. Finding accurate pay information is difficult, and I just wanted to throw out the idea for a private subforum where people would post their pay rates along with other pertinent information about positions. I think this could be a great resource for informing residents as well as anyone else looking to change jobs, without the downside of publicly available information for those who want to avoid that.
Just private message forum members you trust. That would probably work out just as well.

Reactions: 1 user
If you really need the data, then hire somebody with the data. I have an advertiser who has it and uses it help you evaluate your contract for a few hundred bucks. Or you can pay a few hundred bucks and buy the data yourself.