Program-Specific Info / Q's Salus University MOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone who was accepted to Salus dead set on it?

i'm not dead set yet...i like their program layout and it's really close to my house, but i'm just a little scared because of the lack of info from previous cycles (since there's only really been one so far). i'm committed to it as of right now but i'm keeping my options open. what are your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm not dead set yet...i like their program layout and it's really close to my house, but i'm just a little scared because of the lack of info from previous cycles (since there's only really been one so far). i'm committed to it as of right now but i'm keeping my options open. what are your thoughts?

Your reservations are completely understandable. The program is new and even though we'd be the 4th class, I'm sure there are some kinks that still need to be worked out. However, out of all the schools I visited, Salus was by a mile my favorite. The faculty seemed so involved with the current students and the admission process of future students as well. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the Director said that their first class had a pass rate of 100% which is impressive! I also think the curriculum sequence, tuition, location, and length of the program have me sold.

I've already turned down two interview requests since my acceptance to Salus, so I guess I'm pretty committed.

Your reservations are completely understandable. The program is new and even though we'd be the 4th class, I'm sure there are some kinks that still need to be worked out. However, out of all the schools I visited, Salus was by a mile my favorite. The faculty seemed so involved with the current students and the admission process of future students as well. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the Director said that their first class had a pass rate of 100% which is impressive! I also think the curriculum sequence, tuition, location, and length of the program have me sold.

I've already turned down two interview requests since my acceptance to Salus, so I guess I'm pretty committed.

that's good! as of right now i think the only other school that would change my mind would be temple (got waitlisted), and i have an interview in chicago next month, so i'm still keeping my options open! i'd be completely content if i went to salus though :)

Members don't see this ad :)
that's good! as of right now i think the only other school that would change my mind would be temple (got waitlisted), and i have an interview in chicago next month, so i'm still keeping my options open! i'd be completely content if i went to salus though :)

Well regardless of where you go, best of luck!

Both seem to have great programs. I applied to Temple as well!

I am currently on the "Standby" list. Is anyone else on this list?

I interviewed in the beginning of november and was placed on "hold" one week later for my MAT scores. I was then placed on the "standby" list December 13th.
Ugh I have a strong feeling that will happen to me too

I interviewed in the beginning of november and was placed on "hold" one week later for my MAT scores. I was then placed on the "standby" list December 13th.
Do you know how many people are on the stand by list? I feel that they won't determine if you're in until May which is annoying. Is it your top choice?

I received an email earlier this month that they still haven't made a decision on my application yet. It said something along the lines of my application still being actively under review but a decision to invite me to interview hasn't been made. I'm glad that it's not a rejection, but still anxious that it wasn't quite a "decision" either. We'll see what happens in the next month or two.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't heard anything beside them receiving my application. Should I be worried and just assume I won't even get the chance for an interview....? I was verified in mid nov. Do you think it would be wise to email them asking about my application?

Do you know how many people are on the stand by list? I feel that they won't determine if you're in until May which is annoying. Is it your top choice?
I asked today and they said there were only about 10 people on the standby list. Yeah at this point i think it is my top choice

I asked today and they said there were only about 10 people on the standby list. Yeah at this point i think it is my top choice
Do you know if their class is full? I wouldn't think so considering they're still interviewing for a couple more months

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if their class is full? I wouldn't think so considering they're still interviewing for a couple more months
Yes I believe the class is full already. This is what was said in an email i received. "Standby means that you have been found acceptable by the Admissions Committee, but there was not an open seat to offer you at the time the decision was made." I believe that there is also a "waiting list" but I'm not certain.

Yes I believe the class is full already. This is what was said in an email i received. "Standby means that you have been found acceptable by the Admissions Committee, but there was not an open seat to offer you at the time the decision was made." I believe that there is also a "waiting list" but I'm not certain.
But you recieved this letter a month ago?

I don't think they would interview if the class was full, that would be a waste of their time. I interviewed last week and haven't heard back yet. Standby is probably just like a wait list at other places; if the people they accept deny the offer then they will refer to their standby list and begin to accept those people. That's just my opinion tho, idk if I'm right at all!

Because when I called in late November I was told only 22 students were chosen out of the 42

I don't think they would interview if the class was full, that would be a waste of their time. I interviewed last week and haven't heard back yet. Standby is probably just like a wait list at other places; if the people they accept deny the offer then they will refer to their standby list and begin to accept those people. That's just my opinion tho, idk if I'm right at all!
Did you interview the 14th? Lol

YES!! hahaha I'm assuming you did too?

I'm so nervous about this whole process

I'm so nervous about this whole process
I'm the one with the long blonde hair idk if you remember..lol but me too I seriously check my email every ten minutes. I hope it's not full I don't see why it would be if there are still like 8 other interview dates

I have an interview there tomorrow so I sure hope it's not full! I'm just ready to get this whole process over with.

I have an interview the second week in February. However, if the class is already full I wonder if it is worth going?

Did anyone find out for sure how many spots they have open?

How do you know they are full?

I was accepted to the program and plan on attending. I'm pretty sure the class is full but they are continuing to interview and place people on standby bc people who have accepted the offer may decide not to attend after they start receiving other offers in the spring. I know a few people who were on the standby list in December who have already been taken off and offered a spot!

I received an email earlier this month that they still haven't made a decision on my application yet. It said something along the lines of my application still being actively under review but a decision to invite me to interview hasn't been made. I'm glad that it's not a rejection, but still anxious that it wasn't quite a "decision" either. We'll see what happens in the next month or two.
I got the same email. So I'm guessing we won't be getting interviews because the class seems to be full with others on standby?

I was invited to interview in the middle of December. However, I couldn't get an appt. Until February. I'm deferred at one school and wait listed in another, so this was kind of a security measure in case those fall through. Now I wonder what the point is of going if they are full and have standby. I've already spent so much money traveling.

Reactions: 1 user
I got the same email. So I'm guessing we won't be getting interviews because the class seems to be full with others on standby?

That's what I'm thinking too. I also think it's pretty frustrating to be still in limbo regarding interviews when it seems the interviews are for the standby list anyway. Wish they would just say no or yes already.

Yeah I wish I knew that when I went to my interview last week..my hopes are brought down

Has anyone who interviewed last week heard anything back yet?

Has anyone who interviewed last week heard anything back yet?
Nope waiting impatiently lol I'm hoping there were some turnovers since I think the first deposit was due the 15th..but you can still get a full refund until April so maybe not

Yeah, waiting sucks. Now I just can't help but wish I had applied earlier

Haven't heard anything. For whatever reason I though I would hear back today

Nope it says waitlist. Nothing about Standby. And I got a letter in the mail Saturday

I think there's 2 lists. Standby is better than waitlist I believe. Confusing lol

Yeah, I didn't know there was a wait list. Thanks for the insight. I hope to hear back soon!

Yeah no problem! Good luck! :)

Growing very impatient. I should have heard back today but I guess I'll wait until the end of tomorrow to call. Has anybody heard back about acceptances, rejections, standby, or waitlist?

Growing very impatient. I should have heard back today but I guess I'll wait until the end of tomorrow to call. Has anybody heard back about acceptances, rejections, standby, or waitlist?
They emailed me today saying they finished reviewing my application and suggested to retake my GRE. Not sure if this email means I have been rejected or not, but I assume I am since my scores are too low for them.

They emailed me today saying they finished reviewing my application and suggested to retake my GRE. Not sure if this email means I have been rejected or not, but I assume I am since my scores are too low for them.
You might not be rejected. I got that same email the day before I got my interview request

You might not be rejected. I got that same email the day before I got my interview request
Okay well hopefully I'll receive an invitation for an interview so. But its sad knowing their class is full as well.

I know right. But I'm hopeful that people will start to drop once they've been admitted to other schools since schools that were not rolling just had their deadlines.

No new info from me- but yeah I got that same email too, don't really know how much they actually care about that. I didn't retake the gres and still got an interview and wasn't completely rejected. Don't lose hope!