Sammuel Merritt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know around how many people SMU usually accepts from the waitlist? I tried looking for past years numbers, but had no luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlist up to 25 from what I have heard.

For all those who got in congrats! Here are some things I wish I had done before. If you have a weakness in anatomy I would greatly recommend brushing up on it.

Download, print, and read this over. The OTPF is heavily used in our curriculum.
http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdesped/download/pdf/OT_PracticeFrameworkDomainProcess.pdf

Get use to APA here is a great site I often visit.
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/

Make sure to reward yourself with an awesome break before school starts.

Last edited:
Does anyone know around how many people SMU usually accepts from the waitlist? I tried looking for past years numbers, but had no luck.

I had asked Rosa this very question, these are the relevant parts of the email response I got:

...I really do not have an average of how many applicants we pull from the waitlist each cycle because it varies. Typically it has ranged anywhere from 2 to 8 students based on the admission year ... a variety of reasons may prompt us to get deeper into the list...

.... Depending on how close we are to the start of the term- we will give the newly admitted applicant anywhere from 2 weeks to as little at a couple of days depending to how close to the start of the term the offer is made...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone who got accepted to SMU and knows what they are doing for housing next year? I am thinking of getting a roommate to cut some costs, and I would love it to be a SMU student!

Was actually just thinking to crack open my anatomy book again to review before school starts. Thanks for these resources LeGrouch!

For what its worth.. I have been to a total of 4 ot schools for interviews and SMU was my least favorite. I was just not impressed. Last year they held interviews first week of January.
Hi there,

J/w when you went to Samuel Merritt why were you not impressed in comparison to other schools?

Just got admitted so wondering why :).

Thanks!