Sample DAT study schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am getting a lot of PMs about this "6-week program"...

Since I wasn't sure what everyone's science background is, I stretched it out to 8 weeks.... However you can EASILY convert the first 4 weeks into just 2 if you have a strong science background.

I am going to post the entire study guide here on this thread, I'll post it over 8 posts (1 post per each week).... There are 2 versions, both are very good and will get the job done if you put in your time. Start with 1 version and STICK to it, don't flip flop around, either do the KBB or the CHADS, and its not necessary to do both once your done with one.

Word of advice, the first 4 weeks are pretty harsh. Your looking at 8-12 hours of studying a day.... Again you DON'T HAVE TO FOLLOW THIS, but its there for you if you need it

I came up with this guide from reading the MCAT 10-week home-study program created by exam krackers, I liked it a lot and wanted to implement it for the DAT on a 8-week program

This is based on the following resources:
-Kaplan blue book (KBB) (2009-2010 version)
-Cliff's AP biology (3rd edition from 2007)
-DAT destroyer (2010 version)
-MATH destroyer (2010 version ~ I believe it has 11 tests)
-Crack DAT PAT software (the 10 test version)
-Chads chemistry and math videos (Optional)

Please understand that this is JUST A GUIDELINE, no one has to follow it 100%, there is no guarantee that you will score a high or low score by following it. Its mostly designed for those new folks around SDN who don't really know how or where to start studying for the DAT. This is my strategy, and I believe it will serve many.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 21 users
Hi everyone! I condensed this schedule to fit into my Christmas Break and thought I'd share. Hope it's helpful!

4 WEEK DAT REVIEW
Day 1:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 1 (Chemistry)
Kaplan’s Chapter 1 on Biology, General Chem, Orgo, and Math

Day 2:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 2 (Cells)
Kaplan’s Chapter 2 on Biology, General Chem, Orgo, and Math

Day 3:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 3 (Cellular Respiration)
Kaplan’s Chapter 3 on Biology, General Chem, Orgo, and Math

Day 4:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 4 (Photosynthesis)
Kaplan’s Chapter 4 on Biology, General Chem, Orgo, and Math

Day 5:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 5 (Cell Division)
Kaplan’s Chapter 5 on Biology, General Chem, Orgo, and Math

Day 6:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 6 (Heredity)
Kaplan’s Chapter 6 on Biology, General Chem, Orgo, and Math

Day 7:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 7 (Molecular Genetics)
Kaplan’s Chapter 7 on Biology, General Chem, and Orgo

Day 8:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 8 (Evolution)
Kaplan’s Chapter 8 on Biology, General Chem, and Orgo
Kaplan’s PAT introductory section and “Keyholes Practicing Set”

Day 9:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 9 (Biological Diversity)
Kaplan’s Chapter 9 on Biology, General Chem, and Orgo
Kaplan’s PAT “Top-Front-End Practicing Set”

Day 10:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 10 (Plants)
Kaplan’s Chapter 10 on Biology, General Chem, and Orgo
Kaplan’s PAT “Angle Ranking Practicing Set”

Day 11:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 11 (Animal Form and Function)
Kaplan’s Chapter 11 on Biology, General Chem, and Orgo
Kaplan’s PAT “Hole Punching Practicing Set”

Day 12:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 12 (Animal Reproduction and Development)
Kaplan’s Chapter 12 on Biology, General Chem, and Orgo
Kaplan’s PAT “Cube counting Practicing Set”

Day 13:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 13 (Animal Behavior)
Kaplan’s Chapter 13 on Biology and Orgo
Kaplan’s PAT “Pattern Folding Practicing Set”

Day 14:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 14 (Ecology)
Kaplan’s Chapter 14 on Biology and Orgo

Day 15:
Kaplan’s chapter 15 in biology and Orgo

Day 16:
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 1 – 22
GC 1 – 23
Biology 1 – 36
Crack DAT PAT test #1
Math Destroyer test #1, review answers

Day 17:
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 23 - 45
GC 24 - 47
Biology 37 – 73
Math Destroyer test #2, review your answers

Day 18:
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 46 - 68
GC 48 - 71
Biology 74 - 110
Math Destroyer test #3, review your answers

Day 19:
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 69 - 91
GC 72 - 95
Biology 111 - 147
Math Destroyer test #4, review your answers

Day 20:
Review Crack DAT PAT test #1
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 92 - 114
GC 96 - 119
Biology 148 - 184
Crack DAT PAT test #2
Math Destroyer test #5, review your answers

Day 21:
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 115 - 137
GC 120 - 143
Biology 185 - 221
Math Destroyer test #6, review your answers

Day 22:
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 138 - 160
GC 144 - 167
Biology 222 - 258
Math Destroyer test #7, review your answers

Day 23:
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 161 - 183
GC 168 - 191
Biology 259 - 295
Math Destroyer test #8, review your answers

Day 24:
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 184 - 206
GC 192 - 215
Biology 296 - 332
Math Destroyer test #9, review your answers

Day 25:
Review Crack DAT PAT test #2
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 207 – 232
GC 216 - 242
Biology 332 – 377
Crack DAT PAT test #3
Math Destroyer test #10, review your answers

Day 26:
Crack DAT PAT test #4
Math Destroyer test #11, review your answers

Day 27:
Crack DAT PAT test #5, #6, #7

Day 28:
Crack DAT PAT test #8, #9, #10
Hey guys for organic chemistry odyssey,,, question number 5 I believe deals with Defrees of unsatursation and was wondering is the answer is incorrect .... Since missing 6 Hs shouldn't it be C15H24?? If not why? Thanks

Hello. I took the $1400 Kaplan DAT prep course, and of course I am now retaking it given that I didnt score as expected. I have a question. In you study schedule you mention the KBB. Can I just use the book that came with the Kaplan course? It is not the same boo,, but I was wondering If I can use it instead of the KBB.

This books looks like this : it is the fat blue book

Thank you

Attachments

• KAPLAN.jpg
    KAPLAN.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 176
I am going to be preparing for the DAT after this semester. A couple concerns...

1.) I get out first week of May and can immediately put all my effort into studying for it. It looks like people have had great success with the 6 week plan but for the extra 2 weeks would it be worth it to do the 8 weeks to insure I will be prepared? The difference is me taking it middle of June vs beginning of July. The rest of my app will be complete and ready to go.

2.) With the change to the bio section that is coming will this plan still work. Or is there some tweaking that needs to be done?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I condensed this schedule to fit into my Christmas Break and thought I'd share. Hope it's helpful!

4 WEEK DAT REVIEW
Day 1:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 1 (Chemistry)
Kaplan’s Chapter 1 on Biology, General Chem, Orgo, and Math

Day 2:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 2 (Cells)
Kaplan’s Chapter 2 on Biology, General Chem, Orgo, and Math

Day 3:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 3 (Cellular Respiration)
Kaplan’s Chapter 3 on Biology, General Chem, Orgo, and Math

Day 4:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 4 (Photosynthesis)
Kaplan’s Chapter 4 on Biology, General Chem, Orgo, and Math

Day 5:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 5 (Cell Division)
Kaplan’s Chapter 5 on Biology, General Chem, Orgo, and Math

Day 6:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 6 (Heredity)
Kaplan’s Chapter 6 on Biology, General Chem, Orgo, and Math

Day 7:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 7 (Molecular Genetics)
Kaplan’s Chapter 7 on Biology, General Chem, and Orgo

Day 8:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 8 (Evolution)
Kaplan’s Chapter 8 on Biology, General Chem, and Orgo
Kaplan’s PAT introductory section and “Keyholes Practicing Set”

Day 9:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 9 (Biological Diversity)
Kaplan’s Chapter 9 on Biology, General Chem, and Orgo
Kaplan’s PAT “Top-Front-End Practicing Set”

Day 10:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 10 (Plants)
Kaplan’s Chapter 10 on Biology, General Chem, and Orgo
Kaplan’s PAT “Angle Ranking Practicing Set”

Day 11:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 11 (Animal Form and Function)
Kaplan’s Chapter 11 on Biology, General Chem, and Orgo
Kaplan’s PAT “Hole Punching Practicing Set”

Day 12:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 12 (Animal Reproduction and Development)
Kaplan’s Chapter 12 on Biology, General Chem, and Orgo
Kaplan’s PAT “Cube counting Practicing Set”

Day 13:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 13 (Animal Behavior)
Kaplan’s Chapter 13 on Biology and Orgo
Kaplan’s PAT “Pattern Folding Practicing Set”

Day 14:
Cliff’s AP biology chapter 14 (Ecology)
Kaplan’s Chapter 14 on Biology and Orgo

Day 15:
Kaplan’s chapter 15 in biology and Orgo

Day 16:
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 1 – 22
GC 1 – 23
Biology 1 – 36
Crack DAT PAT test #1
Math Destroyer test #1, review answers

Day 17:
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 23 - 45
GC 24 - 47
Biology 37 – 73
Math Destroyer test #2, review your answers

Day 18:
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 46 - 68
GC 48 - 71
Biology 74 - 110
Math Destroyer test #3, review your answers

Day 19:
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 69 - 91
GC 72 - 95
Biology 111 - 147
Math Destroyer test #4, review your answers

Day 20:
Review Crack DAT PAT test #1
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 92 - 114
GC 96 - 119
Biology 148 - 184
Crack DAT PAT test #2
Math Destroyer test #5, review your answers

Day 21:
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 115 - 137
GC 120 - 143
Biology 185 - 221
Math Destroyer test #6, review your answers

Day 22:
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 138 - 160
GC 144 - 167
Biology 222 - 258
Math Destroyer test #7, review your answers

Day 23:
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 161 - 183
GC 168 - 191
Biology 259 - 295
Math Destroyer test #8, review your answers

Day 24:
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 184 - 206
GC 192 - 215
Biology 296 - 332
Math Destroyer test #9, review your answers

Day 25:
Review Crack DAT PAT test #2
DAT Destroyer:
Orgo 207 – 232
GC 216 - 242
Biology 332 – 377
Crack DAT PAT test #3
Math Destroyer test #10, review your answers

Day 26:
Crack DAT PAT test #4
Math Destroyer test #11, review your answers

Day 27:
Crack DAT PAT test #5, #6, #7

Day 28:
Crack DAT PAT test #8, #9, #10
Awesome idea. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 users
This is a great study schedule. I am doing the dental works one an Iam 3 days in. I like that one because I couldn't focus for 8 straight hours of studying. But whoever is able to study for this long , will do great with this schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the math portion, I just started doing Math Destroyer like how you said. However, I can barely recognize how to do some of these problems. I don't consider myself bad at Math, but I'm kind of intimated by the problems they have lol. Should I continue doing the tests and hope that I get better? or should I do something else? Any advice would be awesome (I have 4 weeks left until my test and I went through Chad's videos concerning math). Thanks!

If you are having trouble with it, maybe try your math textbook and see how they explain a few consepts. Also, look at the solitions in Math Destroyer, you can pick up a few hints about what you are doing wrong. However, mame sure you address every problem that you are doing wrong. Don't just walk away. You may run into those on the next exam.

Hello everyone! I just took my DAT on Thursday and I can tell you that I owe my score to this awesome schedule that I found online. I recommend it 100%, it is possible to do great with determination and hard work!
Bio:23
GenChem: 21
Orgo:21
PAT:20
QR: 16
Academic Score: 20

The math part was a killer, i was soooo tired at the end of my test!!! and the questions were really challenging. Good luck everyone!

Hello everyone! I just took my DAT on Thursday and I can tell you that I owe my score to this awesome schedule that I found online. I recommend it 100%, it is possible to do great with determination and hard work!

The math part was a killer, i was soooo tired at the end of my test!!! and the questions were really challenging. Good luck everyone!

Hey congratulation
Could you please tell me what schedule did you follow and how long did you take to prepare for this test? thanks

Thank you nunang17! The schedule is on page 1….I started studying on January 1st….and I took the test on Thursday, April 17th…I took more than 8 weeks to finish it as you can see….and I also took Sundays off….its impossible not to take a break here and there…. After I finished with the schedule I bought datqvault and crack the pat, the last thing I used before the exam was topscore….I only did 2 of the three tests because i did not have enough time. Its important to go over the tests and check every question (the ones that you got right and wrong). Best of luck ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you nunang17! The schedule is on page 1….I started studying on January 1st….and I took the test on Thursday, April 17th…I took more than 8 weeks to finish it as you can see….and I also took Sundays off….its impossible not to take a break here and there…. After I finished with the schedule I bought datqvault and crack the pat, the last thing I used before the exam was topscore….I only did 2 of the three tests because i did not have enough time. Its important to go over the tests and check every question (the ones that you got right and wrong). Best of luck ;)
Thank you so much your answer have been very helpful. I have one more question. did you took some classes and work as well during you were preparing for the DAT?

Thank you so much your answer have been very helpful. I have one more question. did you took some classes and work as well during you were preparing for the DAT?
No I was not working or taking classes….the only thing I did was to spend 10 hours a day in the library studying :/.…I tried in the fall to study for the DAT, take classes and work and I couldn't do it. :/

Members don't see this ad :)
No I was not working or taking classes….the only thing I did was to spend 10 hours a day in the library studying :/.…I tried in the fall to study for the DAT, take classes and work and I couldn't do it. :/
Thank you so much you have been very helpful good luck on your applications

So is using the KBB version better or the CHADS version? Is it possible to do both because I've seen people say that they read the KBB but also watched CHADS?

Appreciate this.

I'm starting studying soon, I feel very late and my gpa as well as extracurriculars aren't good at all.

What are the differences between the different editions for KBB? Wouldn't it be better to go with the newest version?

So is using the KBB version better or the CHADS version? Is it possible to do both because I've seen people say that they read the KBB but also watched CHADS?
Appreciate this.

I'm starting studying soon, I feel very late and my gpa as well as extracurriculars aren't good at all.

What are the differences between the different editions for KBB? Wouldn't it be better to go with the newest version?

The sample schedule is a bit dated since no one really uses Kaplan as a primary resource anymore. You really can't go wrong with Cliff's 3rd edition, Ferali's Bio Notes, Chad's, Bootcamp, Destroyer and CDP.

Cliff's 3rd free: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/free-online-cliffs-ap-bio-3rd-edition.1053842/
Bio notes: http://datbootcamp.com/feralis-biology-notes/

Since I wasn't sure what everyone's science background is, I stretched it out to 8 weeks.... However you can EASILY convert the first 4 weeks into just 2 if you have a strong science background.

I am going to post the entire study guide here on this thread, I'll post it over 8 posts (1 post per each week).... There are 2 versions, both are very good and will get the job done if you put in your time. Start with 1 version and STICK to it, don't flip flop around, either do the KBB or the CHADS, and its not necessary to do both once your done with one.

Word of advice, the first 4 weeks are pretty harsh. Your looking at 8-12 hours of studying a day.... Again you DON'T HAVE TO FOLLOW THIS, but its there for you if you need it

I came up with this guide from reading the MCAT 10-week home-study program created by exam krackers, I liked it a lot and wanted to implement it for the DAT on a 8-week program

-Kaplan blue book (KBB) (2009-2010 version)

Please understand that this is JUST A GUIDELINE, no one has to follow it 100%, there is no guarantee that you will score a high or low score by following it. Its mostly designed for those new folks around SDN who don't really know how or where to start studying for the DAT. This is my strategy, and I believe it will serve many.

Dental Works. Thanks for the 8 week DAT study schedule. I have a different version of the DAT Destroyer and MATH Destroyer. Is it ok to still follow the same practice problem numbers as the ones you listed? Thanks

I bought the 2014 DAT and Math Destroyer, and I'm going to start this schedule next week. I'm wondering if the questions number that dental works listed to do for the destroyers will translate to the same questions in the 2014 version. How can I know I'm doing the right problems?

Also, is the 10 question crack the PAT software the ace edition? The one that costs 99$ ?

The sample schedule is a bit dated since no one really uses Kaplan as a primary resource anymore. You really can't go wrong with Cliff's 3rd edition, Ferali's Bio Notes, Chad's, Bootcamp, Destroyer and CDP.

Cliff's 3rd free: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/free-online-cliffs-ap-bio-3rd-edition.1053842/
Bio notes: http://datbootcamp.com/feralis-biology-notes/

Thanks sjv! Would you recommend to read bio Kaplan at all then? or just stick to one of the other resources u mentioned above (i.e. cliffs)?

Hello everyone!

I had a quick question, I started this plan 2 days ago & my question is regarding the Biology portion. I am following "Using Chad's" method, is it necessary to take notes from Cliff's AP Biology as well as KBB? The reason I ask is b/c the information from KBB coincides w/ Cliff's and KBB has more dense material. Would any of you prefer one over the over? Another question is how detailed are our notes suppose to be? It takes me a longer to write detailed notes on both books. Just wondering how you guys/gals are doing it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
starting on week 4, it starts mentioning "& #8230". What is this? Later in week 5 i see it says "#8211". i can't figure out what these are. HELP!

Hello everyone!

I had a quick question, I started this plan 2 days ago & my question is regarding the Biology portion. I am following "Using Chad's" method, is it necessary to take notes from Cliff's AP Biology as well as KBB? The reason I ask is b/c the information from KBB coincides w/ Cliff's and KBB has more dense material. Would any of you prefer one over the over? Another question is how detailed are our notes suppose to be? It takes me a longer to write detailed notes on both books. Just wondering how you guys/gals are doing it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm definitely writing notes for both. There are some details that are covered in one book and not the other so i think it's important to do both. My notes take a long time too but it helps me learn a lot by going through the material slowly.

@BC989 ... For the biology portion, i took notes over Cliff's AP Biology on most of the chapters, but I actually found it to be a waste of time. What I essentially did (and it really helped me understand the material well) was read a single chapter, watch youtube videos of the associated chapter material (make good notes of the videos), and study Cliff's AP biology flashcards of the associated chapter. Cliff's AP sells a packet of 500 cards; this number may seem intimidating, but I learned a hell lot, and I retained majority of the information (which was well worth the time).

Writing notes of the Cliff's chapter, to me, was a waste because if anything, just go over Feralis notes if/when you want a quick review (it took me a while to write out the notes, and I could have spent the hours of typing out notes on other stuff). Also, don't use KBB, especially for biology. The last week of studying, I read the biology section, and after learning all of the flashcards, I knew everything from KBB- if I were to have just relied on KBB, I would've been screwed lol.

I got a 21 on the biology section, and I never took a bio class prior to the DAT, so I would recommend going that route..... but everyone is different with how they learn.
I'll scan my video notes and post them if you want to look at them......

how do you post a topic on this website, Imma noob lol

@Joseph C
thanks a lot! i do learn really well from videos so i will definitely be doing some of that. good advice :) would love to look at those video notes.
one question, on this schedule, on the list of things to do, it includes '#8230' '#8211' etc. i have do idea what this is. do you?

@BC989 no problem! give me another day to scan the notes.. Also, I forgot to mention, just be aware that there are some things that are missing from Cliff's/ Barron's Book (i.e. muscles, bones, eyes, ears) that they don't talk about, but I think going over Feralis Notes would be sufficient enough

@Joseph C
thanks a lot! i do learn really well from videos so i will definitely be doing some of that. good advice :) would love to look at those video notes.
one question, on this schedule, on the list of things to do, it includes '#8230' '#8211' etc. i have do idea what this is. do you?

Those are faulty characters... I think when they modified this website, some characters were not converted properly... I don't know what those are.... Just ignore them

@dentalWorks
Question,
I'm roughly 5 days away from my DAT and was supposed to finish going over Destroyer for the first time today. Buttt I (stupidly) just realized there are ~60-70 more questions per section on this version of it (the newer one, I guess) than what was mentioned in the schedule. I definitely don't have time to do the remaining questions AND go over all the questions one more time, so what would you recommend I do? Skip those end questions and finish reviewing Destroyer twice or go over all of them and maybe get through half of Destroyer for a second time?

Last edited:
New member - had a few questions regarding your program:

1) I'm a finance grad, looking to apply to dentistry. Is it possible to write the DAT before completing the required courses (ie. just using Study Guides for Sciences?)
2) Are the previously stated texts still relevent or would you recommend different books?

Dat booster is very good too! Scored a 20 on bio because their questions seemed word for word

Week5 Using KBB:
Monday: Read the following only one time, read it slow, take notes, and highlight. Do Chapter KBB's chapter 15 in biology and chapter 15 in orgo. .You've just completed KBB's Biology & Orgo

Week5 Using CHADS:
Monday: Read the following only one time, read it slow, take notes, and highlight. Do KBB's chapter 15 in biology. .You've just completed KBB's Biology

Okay, You have just completed the entire science review, math, and PAT review of the entire DAT in 4 weeks. Take the next 2 days off, you deserve it.

Before going further, from this point forward, your going to be mostly working on problem solving, whenever you come across a problem (ESPECIALLY IN THE SCIENCES), make sure you understand it 100%. Understand why every answer is correct / not correct, don't let anything pass by you. Use your review books, come to SDN on the DAT forums and ask questions, just make sure you understand all the problems from this point forward.

You will be spreading the destroyer problems over a 2 week period. The new 2010 destroyer has 232 orgo, 242 GC, and 377 biology questions. I will divide them such that over the next 2 weeks, you will go over the ENTIRE destroyer 2x times. Each day you will do 22 orgo problems, 23 GC problems, and 36 biology problems

Thursday: Do the following DAT destroyer problems:
Orgo 1 – 22
GC 1 – 23
Biology 1 – 36

Do CRACK DAT PAT test #1. When your done with your test DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE, store your results and DON'T LOOK AT YOUR MISTAKES. Exit the software

Do MATH destroyer test #1. I am going to suggest for you to not time your self. First learn to do things right, then work on your speed. Do these tests, mark your answers on a separate sheet (but not on the exam itself cause your going to do each exam multiple times). When your done taking test #1, go over EVERY problem you got right and wrong. You should learn MATH destroyer really well cause about 80% of those problems simply reappear on the real DAT

Friday: Do the following DAT destroyer problems:
Orgo 23 - 45
GC 24 - 47
Biology 37 – 73

Do MATH destroyer test #2. Same way as before, don't time yourself, after your done with the test, go over each problem and learn from mistakes

Saturday: Do the following DAT destroyer problems:
Orgo 46 - 68
GC 48 - 71
Biology 74 - 110

Do MATH destroyer test #3. Same way as before, don't time yourself, after your done with the test, go over each problem and learn from mistakes

Sunday: Do the following DAT destroyer problems:
Orgo 69 - 91
GC 72 - 95
Biology 111 - 147

Do MATH destroyer test #4. Same way as before, don't time yourself, after your done with the test, go over each problem and learn from mistakes
I haven't taken organic chem 1 yet, would you recommend me starting this program now or should I wait for next semester @
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/members/dentalworks.271335/

-

-[URL='http://www.amazon.com/Kaplan-DAT-Dental-Admission-Test/dp/1609780876/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1400722221&sr=1-1&keywords=kaplan+blue+book']Kaplan blue book
(KBB) (2009-2010 version)

I haven't taken organic chemistry yet, could this affect my studies or using this program? Or should I wait until next semester to start this program?
[/URL]

I'd just wait. If you have to wait until the end of next semester anyway you'll forget most of what you studied in the other sections. I took mine in June following my junior year and studied full time with a part time job for six weeks and made a 21 AA.

@BC989 Here's the link to the notes: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/sexiejosephc/library/?sort=3&page=1 ...... I had them organized in a folder, but when uploading them, they got messed up... If you want, message me your email and I can send you the folder that I have them in
i'm actually working on bio. like you said i've been studying kbb and it so much. can you send me those folder notes that you have. i really appreciate your help.. [email protected]

Has anyone tried using this schedule or something similar while taking classes? I am going to be a full time student this spring (14 credits) and I read that the OP has said if you study for more than 10 weeks you will forget everything in the beginning. However, I have no idea how I would be able to get it done in 10. I was thinking more along the lines of 14-16 weeks, with some weeks off student for school exams. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I can't really help you as far as studying for that long goes.
I took mine in early June so I only studied for six weeks while cutting work down to part time and still my scores were all between 19-25.
My point is, you can cram it into a little over a month of study time if you don't have full time classes or full time work. Hope this helps

Great study schedule. Question, has the DAT recently changed any sections? I know the MCAT recently changed was wondering if the DAT changed as well.

Sorry if this question was already addressed, but I really didn't want to read through nearly 300 messages to find the answer. Ain't nobody got time for that! ;)

Anyway, Kaplan came out with a new book: DAT 2015. Can this schedule be implemented with the new blue book? Thanks for the excellent schedule! It gives me a plan of attack and hope that I will kill it on Test Day!

I am taking my DAT next summer, however I am super worried about it. What do you guys think about following this plan this summer (omitting OCHEM cause I haven't taken it). I just don't want to end up studying next summer and realizing i'm super behind

I am taking my DAT next summer, however I am super worried about it. What do you guys think about following this plan this summer (omitting OCHEM cause I haven't taken it). I just don't want to end up studying next summer and realizing i'm super behind

I would sign up for coursesaver. The general chemistry videos alone could teach you the course. Follow any plan but make sure you make adjustments to it. U want to tailor it to ur needs. gL

Is this guide still relevant? I'm trying to find out the best materials to study with, and I saw a few people mentioning here that the Kaplan book is no longer a good source.

I would sign up for coursesaver. The general chemistry videos alone could teach you the course. Follow any plan but make sure you make adjustments to it. U want to tailor it to ur needs. gL
how can I purchase chads videos? I need help please!!!!!

how can I purchase chads videos? I need help please!!!!!

You can purchase access to Chad's Videos here. His series of videos is called Course Saver. He has videos for students taking the DAT, MCAT, and some other exams. Make sure you purchase the right ones. The following is a link to the site:
http://www.coursesaver.com/

A few things I've been asked about this:
"why do you wait 3-4 days between PAT tests?"
Well, here is a thread I posted about PAT, I tried to follow the same method. Again, if you don't like it, you don't have to do it. Here is the link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=675995

As far as the actual study guide goes. Its 8 weeks, 4 spent on reviewing and 4 spent on applying everything you reviewed to problem solving. Like Crew09 suggested to me, everyone comes from different backgrounds so the initial 4 weeks can be modified to however way you see fit. For example if you come from a very strong biology background, then your not going to need to read each of the biology chapters from both Cliff's AP and KBB 2x times, 1 time would be enough. Sometimes you might have weakness in all 3 areas (biology, chemistry, and orgo) but there are certain chapters that you feel your very strong with, so you don't have to do the 2-time reading strategies for those chapters... you see what I mean?

Also, some folks have suggested some nice additional comments to how its possible to modify the 8-week schedule, here they are:

21omrgm.jpg

9qlqhv.jpg

9lk952.jpg

2d7aomv.jpg

If anyone has any additional suggestions to what things that could be modified, or things you've tried and worked out before, please come back here and post it. Also for those of you who use other products like Crack DAT MATH & Science, Chad's videos, and whatnot, lets hear how you could incorporate them into this study guide.... I couldn't include those other resources cause I never used them.
Is it bad idea to work 40 hours/week and study for dat for 9 weeks?

For the first 4 weeks do we choose either to do the KBB plan or the Chads videos plan? I'm confused as to how you get any gen chem review doing the KBB plan