Sample OAT Study Schedule

eyesontheprize1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Several people have asked me about my studying schedule and how to do it in such a time crunch. I have attached a calendar to this thread that you may access that has a detailed list. I had a mock test day of July 5th. Almost exactly a month from today. Hopefully this helps you all. If you have any questions feel free to ask me!

Here is my link to my previous post about my individual scores by using a schedule such as this after taking the OAT four times this type of schedule helped me without a doubt.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=994779

Below is a list of the sections amongst each topic on Chads Videos along with how long those videos will be. For example in G1 there are sections within those breaking them down. So it isn’t just one video that is two hours long. It will be broken up into shorter 20 to 30 minute segments. When studying I tried to get a full section (G1,G2, ect) covered in a day. If they were shorter I would try to get more than one in a day. The notes I am referring to are what Chad provides along with his videos.

The sample schedule I am providing is focusing on how I studied for my test. I struggled with Organic, General Chemistry and Physics. Reading Comprehension and Biology were my strong points so I did not focus on them as much notes wise. I did start doing Biology practice tests from the beginning because I felt that was the only way I got it. I did write down anything that I wasn’t for sure of and didn’t understand why I got wrong for future reference to review when I have down 'Review all notes'. For Quantitative Reasoning I provided some of the videos that I thought were the most helpful. Other than that I would suggest doing as many practice problems as possible. If your strengths are different you should swap them out from mine and focus on your weak areas.

Practice tests: When referring to practice tests I am referring to Crack the OAT software. When I say NS Sectioned Test I am meaning the full natural science portion. Crack the OAT does not contain Physics practice tests so I also purchased OAT Destroyer. This provided me with full tests as well as physics practice tests.

The first couple weeks suck. They are busy and hectic. When you get towards the end you have more time since you are only taking practice tests and reviewing the notes. At that point it is laid back.

DAY BEFORE THE TEST: I reviewed all sectioned notes and that was it for the day. The rest of the day I relaxed and I got a massage that day to help relax. I highly suggest that. It does help you relax and get all your tension before test day.

TEST DAY: I didn’t review anything. I didn’t bring any kind of study materials with me to the testing center. Listen to music and hype yourself up. Take your break. By now your stamina should be up even though you only took one FULL test you did several NS sectioned tests which is the major portion of the test.

General Chemistry
G1- (2:15)
G2- (2:10)
G3- (2:09)
G4- (1:38)
G5- (3:50)
G6- (1:34)
G7- (1:34)

Organic Chemistry
O1- (2:36)
O2- (1:03)
O3- (1:01)
O4- (2:44)
O5- (2:05)
O6- (1:16)

Physics
P1- (2:47)
P2- (2:27)
P3- (2:01)
P4- (1:56)
P5- (2:14)

Quantitative Reasoning: There are more videos on the website than I am listing but these are the ones that helped me the most. Other than that practice problems work the best.

13 Fractions (12:46)
14 Comparing Fractions (8:15)
15 Percentages (14:26)
18 Conversions (27:50)
19 Dilutions (5:37)
23 Exponents (12:11)
24 Logs (6:03)
31 2D Geometry (23:29)
32 3D Geometry (17:30)
41 Permutations and Combinations (19:46)
42 Probability (23:52)
44 Ratios and Proportions (3:43)
45 Age Problems (4:01)
46 Rate Problems (9:37)
Trigonometry (25:06)

Biology

For Bio there are videos but I didn’t watch them. I used other notes from previous Kaplan course and I felt as if the sectioned tests helped the most.

Good luck all!
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• OATStudySchedule.docx
    126.1 KB · Views: 1,654
Reactions: 1 user
Several people have asked me about my studying schedule and how to do it in such a time crunch. I have attached a calendar to this thread that you may access that has a detailed list. I had a mock test day of July 5th. Almost exactly a month from today. Hopefully this helps you all. If you have any questions feel free to ask me!

Here is my link to my previous post about my individual scores by using a schedule such as this after taking the OAT four times this type of schedule helped me without a doubt.

Below is a list of the sections amongst each topic on Chads Videos along with how long those videos will be. For example in G1 there are sections within those breaking them down. So it isn’t just one video that is two hours long. It will be broken up into shorter 20 to 30 minute segments. When studying I tried to get a full section (G1,G2, ect) covered in a day. If they were shorter I would try to get more than one in a day. The notes I am referring to are what Chad provides along with his videos.

The sample schedule I am providing is focusing on how I studied for my test. I struggled with Organic, General Chemistry and Physics. Reading Comprehension and Biology were my strong points so I did not focus on them as much notes wise. I did start doing Biology practice tests from the beginning because I felt that was the only way I got it. I did write down anything that I wasn’t for sure of and didn’t understand why I got wrong for future reference to review when I have down 'Review all notes'. For Quantitative Reasoning I provided some of the videos that I thought were the most helpful. Other than that I would suggest doing as many practice problems as possible. If your strengths are different you should swap them out from mine and focus on your weak areas.

Practice tests: When referring to practice tests I am referring to Crack the OAT software. When I say NS Sectioned Test I am meaning the full natural science portion. Crack the OAT does not contain Physics practice tests so I also purchased OAT Destroyer. This provided me with full tests as well as physics practice tests.

The first couple weeks suck. They are busy and hectic. When you get towards the end you have more time since you are only taking practice tests and reviewing the notes. At that point it is laid back.

DAY BEFORE THE TEST: I reviewed all sectioned notes and that was it for the day. The rest of the day I relaxed and I got a massage that day to help relax. I highly suggest that. It does help you relax and get all your tension before test day.

TEST DAY: I didn’t review anything. I didn’t bring any kind of study materials with me to the testing center. Listen to music and hype yourself up. Take your break. By now your stamina should be up even though you only took one FULL test you did several NS sectioned tests which is the major portion of the test.

General Chemistry

Organic Chemistry

Physics

Quantitative Reasoning: There are more videos on the website than I am listing but these are the ones that helped me the most. Other than that practice problems work the best.

Biology

For Bio there are videos but I didn’t watch them. I used other notes from previous Kaplan course and I felt as if the sectioned tests helped the most.

Good luck all!
Thank you so much for your guidance!! I have my exam next week and I did the practice test by the ASCO and I did okay one it.. got a 350 and I have been getting around the same grade with my kaplan practice tests. I was wondering how similar you found the actual exam to be compared to the mock ones?

Thanks for your help!!

Thank-you so much for this schedule. I will be writing my test at the end of August (30th) so do you know how I would expand this schedule for 3 months. Also, including biology topics. Do you suggest to buy the Crack the OAT from princeton reveiw?

Members don't see this ad :)

General Chemistry

Organic Chemistry

Physics

Biology

Good luck all!

Hey what cracking OAT package did you purchase?

@Eyesontheprise1 This may be a silly question, but: on Chad's Videos, there are 14 Gen Chem Chapters, 12 O-Chem chapters, etc... How do these correspond with the G1-G7 chapters in your study guide? Are they the same or has Chad changed them since you created this?

Thanks!

You guys can also use OAT Achiever that comes with full tests including physics. I like their tests being hard enough so that would make you work harder and be more ready for the real deal.