San Francisco State 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tobysuz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found anything out from San Francisco State MPH yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing yet! So frustrated it took the division of graduate studies forever to acknowledge they received my transcripts! Hope we hear something soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got word from the department that they are finalizing decisions, we should know by early next week.

Yessss!! Finally! Do you know if it will be via email?

Hmmn. I wonder if that decision will also include financial aid notifications as well.

Good luck everyone!

Just got an email telling me that I've been recommended for admission, I'm assuming that's an acceptance..?

Just got an email telling me that I've been recommended for admission, I'm assuming that's an acceptance..?

Me, too! It's pretty much an acceptance; the grad division part is mostly a formality.

I was surprised that they are requiring me to take a statistics refresher course by August 8 before I'm officially accepted. I know I took stats my first quarter in college 9 years ago, but really? My work involves data analysis.

Is the stats class a requirement or just "strongly recommended?" Has anyone decided on SFSU?

Is the stats class a requirement or just "strongly recommended?" Has anyone decided on SFSU?

If the Graduate Division confirms your eligibility for admission, your admission offer will carry the departmental condition of your completion of a refresher inferential statistics course with a grade of C or higher before the start of the fall 2013 semester. This condition of admission applies to all of our recommended admit candidates who either completed their prerequisite statistics or calculus course prior to 2006 or earned a C or lower grade in the prerequisite course. Even though we will accept a C grade in the refresher course to clear this admission condition, we strongly encourage you to earn an A or B grade to most effectively prepare for successful performance in the quantitative reasoning courses in the MPH program.

I don't understand why they don't waive this requirement if an applicant scores well on GRE quant.

My letter just said it was strongly recommended to take a stats course if my last stats course was taken more than 3 years ago. I took stats in 2009, so hopefully I can avoid that because I really detest quantitative reasoning!