San Francisco State Post bac 2007?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuriousStar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heading out to SFSU for this program?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see any real advatage to doing this "program" vs. taking upper div. undergraduate classes at any university.

i'll be there! it'll be great to know people who are also headed out there.
my name is vinny i'm 22 and graduating from pacific in stockton.
u?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see any real advatage to doing this "program" vs. taking upper div. undergraduate classes at any university.

this program is for ppl who have not taken pre-meds requirements or need to finish them...so the advantage is as great as you make it.

this program is for ppl who have not taken pre-meds requirements or need to finish them...so the advantage is as great as you make it.

It's for fulfilling requirements or enhancing your record. It's just a state university that is easy to take classes at.

It's for fulfilling requirements or enhancing your record. It's just a state university that is easy to take classes at.

Refresh my memory as to why you are posting on this thread since you are obviously not attending that program?

Refresh my memory as to why you are posting on this thread since you are obviously not attending that program?

Well I just assumed you wanted honest advice and don't want to waste your time or money and/or have to relocate for no good reason.

I applied to the program and was seriously considering it but it dawned on me that I might as well go back to UCI and take additional courses, as I live around there and am familiar with the school, some faculty, and can remain near my family and friends.

If you don't have a comparable school near you, this program seems to suite your needs. Please don't take my advice as malicious, I'm only trying to be helpful.

Ryan

Well by all means. We are garnering quite a collection of individuals from hither and thither who come to complete their pre-professional studies at SFSU. I've enjoyed my time here as a regular student.

The value of your $30,000 tuition vs. my $5,000 tuition for said time period is indeed a value that is what you make of it. Might I suggest as the other poster was trying to point out that you have more to "make out of it" than I to create the value you desire.

You will probably get a lot of good things from your time here. The faculty are good and the classes are certainly manageable. Don't expect an easy time though because there are many who come here thinking their gonna own the top percentile only to find out that there's a quite a few smart industrious kids here. But the goals of the faculty are supportive and so that says a lot about what kind of experience you can expect.

Really the postbac students are providing this university with a much needed injection of cash flow, so cheers. You'll see what I mean when it comes time for finals week and you have too all of sudden compete for study space in the ratty library with the 20,000 business and psychology majors who make their once-a-semester pilgrimage from their parent's couch to the library to study for finals. We could certainly use funds to spruce up the place.

Good luck. Feel free to ask anything you want about courses and whatnot.

What is the cost of this program? Tuition? Housing?