Program-Specific Info / Q's San Jose State MSOT Fall 2016 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any updates regarding waitlist positions? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile
My letter listed me as #2. I haven't heard anything beyond that. Last I checked, Dream said they were still waiting to hear back from some of the accepted students.

Members don't see this ad.

My letter listed me as #2. I haven't heard anything beyond that. Last I checked, Dream said they were still waiting to hear back from some of the accepted students.

Hi OTPlz,
Do you happen to remember how long ago you checked in with Dream and she said that the program was still waiting on some accepted student? Just hoping to get a better gauge of my chances for getting in.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
For everyone who submitted their applications in late or are still waiting to hear back--there's still some hope left!

I received notification of my waitlist standing through snail mail on 5/14 and my application wasn't verified until 11/17.

Hope that helps alleviate some stress/anxiety and good luck to all!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi OTPlz,
Do you happen to remember how long ago you checked in with Dream and she said that the program was still waiting on some accepted student? Just hoping to get a better gauge of my chances for getting in.

Thanks!
That was on May 8th.

Does anyone know or have a guess how many people will be waitlisted?
My friend was waitlisted #5 a week ago.

Just rescinded my acceptance, so a spot should be opening up! Good luck everyone!

Hi! I have my application ready for SJSU, but my GRE verbal score is one point below the minimum requirement. I was wondering would it be worth it for me to submit my application anyways.. and how likely it is for SJSU to make an exception to the verbal score. I know they also have a lot of applicants this year so I don't know if I should even try. Thank you for your input!

Same situation. Did they make exception for you at the end?

I just received my conditional acceptance yesterday as well, received an email from Dr. Smith. Seeing that there's the UCLA class, is this better than the one SJSU offers over the summer? I was planning on taking that one, didn't know of the UCLA alternative.
Hi. I am a year away from applying and am trying to stay proactive with the OCTH 190 course. It appears to have BIOL pre-reqs (Prerequisite: BIOL 65 or BIOL 65O, BIOL 66).
Am I misunderstanding this? Many thanks if you can help clarify this. Congrats and GL!!

Hi all!

As of 12:30 PM today, I got accepted into SJSU's MOT ELM Program for Fall 2016! I'm still in shock, and am so looking forward to meeting everyone. I still need to take Neuroanatomy.

I submitted by application October 1st, so there is still hope for all you October applicants!
Last year I did not get my rejection letter until March 26th.

For those of you still waiting to hear or thinking of applying, I did not get accepted last year and was heartbroken. But, I trusted I would get in when the time was right and work was done, and I guess the right time is now!

I joined the Facebook group that was created. I hope everyone has a great evening :)

Nicole
Hi Nicole, that is great, CONGRATS! Can I ask if you have any idea why you didn't make it last year and what might have changed in your favor this year?