Sandeep Burman - another Bengali and great tabla player

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nice....sunny....i like the last one

Members don't see this ad.

prady said:
why do u ask.....if i'm a guy or not?koi shak?
btw do u think pulling rickshaw in bay st. will keep u fit?i think it will drain u out! ;) :laugh: :laugh:
I ask because if you were a girl, I wouldn't want to call you bhai. That'd be weird don't ya think? :laugh:

hopeful05 said:
nice....sunny....i like the last one
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it :D

How come you odn't got an avatar?

Members don't see this ad :)
BTW, I just came up with a name for our music group, "The Rajdhani Darbar"

too formal?

sunny123 said:
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it :D

How come you odn't got an avatar?
coz i'm a gemini...can't make up my mind...can't find the perfect one...and if its not perfect..just so-so then i'd be changing it every day....
find me a good one..will ya?

hopeful05 said:
coz i'm a gemini...can't make up my mind...can't find the perfect one...and if its not perfect..just so-so then i'd be changing it every day....
find me a good one..will ya?
I'll keep an eye out for an avatar, just for you. I'm a gemini too, but you don't see me flip flopping..hehe :laugh:

why did u cum out with such a name?itz tooo formal!whatz 'rajdhani' about it,when we dont hail from delhi!name somthing snazzy,something really cooool! :cool:
sunny123 said:

too formal?

saffronrain said:
:laugh: if sunny starts pullin out some of russell peters' lines, then it'll be hard to choose which guy i'm going after. :laugh: :p
sid- personally, i liked your other avatar better b/c it was Green Day and i like them. not a lot, but i think they're cool. :D and of course there'd be a character named "shweta" in a real bollywood movie... we're just cool like that. :cool: :p AND, by the way- you're saying my name wrong.
my advice to you if you're trying to get a girl- say her name right. :D :D

Oh dammit , sorry Swetha. :oops:

Yeah , Greenday's getting old dear.
My new avatar is a pic from Bhutan - worth checking out, their culture is fascinating

saffronrain said:
:laugh: if sunny starts pullin out some of russell peters' lines, then it'll be hard to choose which guy i'm going after. :laugh: :p
:D

Hey, whatever makes you happy :thumbup:

prady said:
oops! sorry,once again! :laugh: thanks anywayz 4 the correction,hopeful!i appreciate it!
noooooooooo i meant it's all pronounced the saaaame but my name is spelled SWETHA. jeez. i've confused myself now.

Premedtomed said:
Oh dammit , sorry Swetha. :oops:

Yeah , Greenday's getting old dear.
My new avatar is a pic from Bhutan - worth checking out, their culture is fascinating

maybe i like old things/ppl. greenday, kal penn...hmm...? :p

sunny123 said:

too formal?

okay. what does that mean. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
saffronrain said:
noooooooooo i meant it's all pronounced the saaaame but my name is spelled SWETHA. jeez. i've confused myself now.
oooop.s..i got confused when u wrote shweta in the previous post

awww...no prob....names are a big deal...i'd want people to say/wrte it correctly too...

Premedtomed said:
Is anyone here familiar with ragas ?

Ha ha! I am aware of Reggae- but not of Raga! stupid to say that for an Ìndian- but it´s all like that for people who are not much in to music !

The one musical instrument i can play is---------- CD player! ;)

allergic2morons said:
well i never heard of him before. BTW i studied Table for 2 years........Is there any tabla players or percussionist on this forum.........

well u know all doctors are percussionist...... but they only percuss abodomens and chests.... :D :D & in that sense i am a master percussionist.
U said u studied table for 2 years. do u mean it??? ru joking.... since all of us at some point of time have hit the tables hard in Boys common rooms just to kill the time ;) and u studied it for two years......just joking haan..... :D :D

DrGarfield said:
The one musical instrument i can play is---------- CD player! ;)

lol it never occured to me. If Dr garfield can play CD player then i am also a good musician coz i play everykind of music system. I am genious then.Thanx buddy u made me realise my real talent. :D :D :D I always had this complex that i dont have any musical talent

ya- I can work a lot to boost up everyone´s self esteem- eventhough i am not a Shrink! But in a way- i don´t do percussions of Chest or abdomen too- I play with wrenches and hammers

shardul said:
well u know all doctors are percussionist...... but they only percuss abodomens and chests.... :D :D & in that sense i am a master percussionist.
U said u studied table for 2 years. do u mean it??? ru joking.... since all of us at some point of time have hit the tables hard in Boys common rooms just to kill the time ;) and u studied it for two years......just joking haan..... :D :D

:laugh: Oh!!!!! I never looked at percussion that way. since i have strong pleximeters i can demonstrate percussion examination very well in exams.

I mean tabla not table,..... hey common dont get so harsh...
everyboy in class is a "table percussionist" by default. does that sound like father of matrix?????

sunny123 said:
I really don't know how my mind really works, in terms of analyzing music and interpreting patterns... it somehow comes to me (although with practise). I made sitar pieces in mpeg video format, but I'm trying to reduce the size of the files (they are about 450mb in size). When I do get them reduced, I'll let you know so you can take a look. I've played at two temples here (during a Sunday evening, when there is only the preist and a few elderly people), and one of the priests compared my playing to a jugalbandi style (much like what Siddhartha listened too). Honestly, when I play, I can't even tell what I'm playing, since the pieces I play sound very differently when playing live, and then once I hear it back in the recording.

I'm looking forward to u r mail :thumbup:

Premedtomed said:
Is anyone here familiar with ragas ?
Sid, what is your favourite Raga?

Mine are:
Raga Sindhi Bhairavi
Raga Bhairagi
Raga Darbari
Raga Yaman Kalyan

To be honest, I have no clue. I used to be familiar with ragas, but now know nothing.

But I'd say Rag Bhairavi since it is the most familiar :(

just asking u sid, any idea abt. hindustani classical music?no offense plz.!
Premedtomed said:
To be honest, I have no clue. I used to be familiar with ragas, but now know nothing.

But I'd say Rag Bhairavi since it is the most familiar :(

prady said:
just asking u sid, any idea abt. hindustani classical music?no offense plz.!

yeah, I listen to it every now and then. But not familiar with the technical aspects. Just a few things like taal, Sargam.