SAT & ACT questions.

FareedTareen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be a senior in high school this fall, & I had a few questions about the SAT/ACT
since the time for submitting college applications is coming fast.

I took my SAT earlier this year without studying or anything and got an average 1500 ish score. It isn't quite what I want to settle with.

1. What's the key to doing well on the SAT? Any tips for the test itself?

I'll probably end up taking my ACT for the first time ASAP. Another question I had was:

2. Should I study for both tests at the same time this summer? OR should I focus on one, take the test, and then start studying for the other?

I've ordered this "Wordsmart SAT/ACT Prep" program that's supposed to have a 200+ point SAT & 4+ point ACT guarantee.

My GPA, extracurriculars, and other things are looking fine, I just don't want my SAT/ACT score to hold me back from scholarship and acceptance opportunities.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to know aswell. I took it 2 times so far and the scores were identical in the 1750 range. I would atleast want a 1250 or greater on verbal and math. Any suggestions?

I'm going to be a senior in high school this fall, & I had a few questions about the SAT/ACT
since the time for submitting college applications is coming fast.

I took my SAT earlier this year without studying or anything and got an average 1500 ish score. It isn't quite what I want to settle with.

1. What's the key to doing well on the SAT? Any tips for the test itself?

I'll probably end up taking my ACT for the first time ASAP. Another question I had was:

2. Should I study for both tests at the same time this summer? OR should I focus on one, take the test, and then start studying for the other?

I've ordered this "Wordsmart SAT/ACT Prep" program that's supposed to have a 200+ point SAT & 4+ point ACT guarantee.

My GPA, extracurriculars, and other things are looking fine, I just don't want my SAT/ACT score to hold me back from scholarship and acceptance opportunities.

Thanks

#1 All I can really think of is move fast, read quickly but carefully so you don't have to go back so much (but this is obvious), and guess if you can knock out at least 2 of the choices.

As for #2, I'd say to try the ACT first. Figure out which one you like more. Then study for whichever you choose. Of course this is only if you have the luxury of time :thumbup: if not then I guess you would just study both.

Good luck!