Sat Validity

selenaharvard24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

One of my teachers told me that SAT scores you recieve as a sophomore are not valid, and thus cannot be sent to colleges:confused:. She further said that only SAT scores you take as an eleventh and twelfth grader are valid? How true are her words? Where can I find more information?

Members don't see this ad.

It was a while ago that I needed them, but I don't think anything has changed from the dark ages when I was in high school. Anything taken during high school is recorded and, thus, need to be reported as scores you received. Anything taken before high school (talent searches...) does not need to be reported but can be used as your SAT scores on a college application (especially if you try dual enrollment or early entrance to college).

Also, fyi, some medical school secondaries want you to report any SAT scores you received (including middle school), though I doubt anyone on an admissions committee actually looks at this information...

Members don't see this ad :)
The only thing that comes to mind is that you probably just took the PSAT, which is just practice, and colleges could care less about it.

You took the SAT's as a sophomore? As far as I knew, only juniors and seniors were allowed to take the test. Now that I look into it, you are allowed to take it in the later part of sophomore year. If you took the PSAT's, colleges won't take it. But, if you took the SAT's, I wouldn't worry. You'll be fine.