Save The Merger

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NurWollen

Strong with the Force
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was checking out the saveogme.com website, and I found this: http://www.saveogme.com/acgme-sword

The opposition to the merger does indeed seem to be gaining strength.

Whom can we contact in order to voice our support for merger?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I apologize for this really long post…….And i've put this in another couple threads…but just trying to spread the word here.

But the true facts on the ground play out like this…..basically we could do nothing and this merger will happen:

Essentially the ACGME forced the AOA's hand by saying they would lock us out of fellowships, then told the AOA that if they joined, basically we would get access to fellowships again….however with the caveat that essentially they would strip the AOA of most of its powers. This is the main reason it fell apart in the first place… Not out of spite but because the ACGME is worried about the GME crunch everyone knows is coming….

Here is what a lot of people don't know and don't understand……..there were some serious power brokers who brought them back to the table….and guess who it was?….The Feds. They basically told both sides that since THEY are the one's PAYING for it….they want a unified system…Period. Essentially some high-ups in the government told the ACGME and AOA to play nice, get along, and fix the problem….or they were going to do it for them and neither side would like the result. Hence why they sat back at the table and hammered out an agreement so quickly (the second time around). The federal government finally had enough of both sides acting like children (ironic in today's political climate) and strong armed them into an agreement….

Lol why they can do this but DO NOT RAISE GME FUNDING is beyond me….but a discussion for another day haha

The whole point overall is moot….the merger will happen…one way or another, since the feds control the purse strings. (and before someone tells me i don't know what i'm talking about…i have multiple family members and family friends very high up in HHS…so yes i got this information from the source….)

Fact is…ACGME didn't need to give us 28% of the governing board, nor anything else. I agree that there should be some protections in place in order to make sure COMPETENT PDs keep their jobs . While ACGME does have some stupid rules and standards, many of their requirements are for the better. On the AOA side residencies might as well be a free for all. Even if we lose 20% of the AOA residencies (which in some analyst circles is conservative…many think it will be closer to 30-35%) Then the ones left over we will be fairly sure are now solid.

And on a final note, even if we lose 20-30% residencies in the transition….keep in mind this won't happen over night. This will take place over 5 years from 2015/16 to 2020. HHS is acutely aware of this, and will help to fund new residency programs in order to compensate (since they will be getting the money back from the other residencies closing). The overall net result at the end of the transition will be roughly the same amount as before…… People over-react without knowing the whole story….

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I too would like to find a way to voice my support of the merger

Reactions: 1 user
?

Future Pitfalls/ Reasons to Stay Unified/ Reasons this Merger is Bad for Business

Click here

Whoever wrote these pitfalls is the same idiot that gives DOs a bad rap. Old time physicians, trained in an old era, afraid of change and improvement. Every single reason the author of this link gave for why he/she feels the merger is bad is written with too much emotion and little facts (ironically just like 99% of osteopathic research).

"Accreditation of our programs by the ACGME negates the need for AOA specialty certification, and this has the potential to cause a “death spiral” for osteopathic specialty colleges and will ultimately destroy allegiance to the AOA."

Destroy allegiance to the AOA? Clearly this author has way too much financial incentive to give a legit reason why the merger should not happen. Any DO that has to pay their dues to this crappy program knows it only wants to retain independence for financial reasons, not because it has anything to do with the betterment of society, physician training, and even patient outcomes.

Reactions: 6 users
Reactions: 1 users
Gevitz says that he's afraid of what the ACGME might do, because all of the homeopathic schools got shut down.

Take a minute to think about this... He's afraid that DO schools will get shut down, because a different type of school, based on quack pseudoscience, got shut down.

Trying to "save the merger" because of the arguments of this intellectual giant would be like preparing for war because Lithuania said it was going to attack us. Just ignore him and it'll go away.

Of course, I say this as the anti-vaccination movement gains ground... D'oh

I apologize for this really long post…….And i've put this in another couple threads…but just trying to spread the word here.

But the true facts on the ground play out like this…..basically we could do nothing and this merger will happen:

Essentially the ACGME forced the AOA's hand by saying they would lock us out of fellowships, then told the AOA that if they joined, basically we would get access to fellowships again….however with the caveat that essentially they would strip the AOA of most of its powers. This is the main reason it fell apart in the first place… Not out of spite but because the ACGME is worried about the GME crunch everyone knows is coming….

Here is what a lot of people don't know and don't understand……..there were some serious power brokers who brought them back to the table….and guess who it was?….The Feds. They basically told both sides that since THEY are the one's PAYING for it….they want a unified system…Period. Essentially some high-ups in the government told the ACGME and AOA to play nice, get along, and fix the problem….or they were going to do it for them and neither side would like the result. Hence why they sat back at the table and hammered out an agreement so quickly (the second time around). The federal government finally had enough of both sides acting like children (ironic in today's political climate) and strong armed them into an agreement….

Lol why they can do this but DO NOT RAISE GME FUNDING is beyond me….but a discussion for another day haha

The whole point overall is moot….the merger will happen…one way or another, since the feds control the purse strings. (and before someone tells me i don't know what i'm talking about…i have multiple family members and family friends very high up in HHS…so yes i got this information from the source….)

Fact is…ACGME didn't need to give us 28% of the governing board, nor anything else. I agree that there should be some protections in place in order to make sure COMPETENT PDs keep their jobs . While ACGME does have some stupid rules and standards, many of their requirements are for the better. On the AOA side residencies might as well be a free for all. Even if we lose 20% of the AOA residencies (which in some analyst circles is conservative…many think it will be closer to 30-35%) Then the ones left over we will be fairly sure are now solid.

And on a final note, even if we lose 20-30% residencies in the transition….keep in mind this won't happen over night. This will take place over 5 years from 2015/16 to 2020. HHS is acutely aware of this, and will help to fund new residency programs in order to compensate (since they will be getting the money back from the other residencies closing). The overall net result at the end of the transition will be roughly the same amount as before…… People over-react without knowing the whole story….
Shockingly enough the AOA dermatology residencies don't want scrutiny by the ACGME RRC which approves residency programs. I have no doubt it's bc they believe that they will be shut down for not meeting standards. That letter from their AOA DO specialty group made me laugh. Completely self-serving on their part as to their demands.

http://www.saveogme.com/NonSupport.pdf

Last edited:
Whoever wrote these pitfalls is the same idiot that gives DOs a bad rap. Old time physicians, trained in an old era, afraid of change and improvement. Every single reason the author of this link gave for why he/she feels the merger is bad is written with too much emotion and little facts (ironically just like 99% of osteopathic research).

"Accreditation of our programs by the ACGME negates the need for AOA specialty certification, and this has the potential to cause a “death spiral” for osteopathic specialty colleges and will ultimately destroy allegiance to the AOA."

Destroy allegiance to the AOA? Clearly this author has way too much financial incentive to give a legit reason why the merger should not happen. Any DO that has to pay their dues to this crappy program knows it only wants to retain independence for financial reasons, not because it has anything to do with the betterment of society, physician training, and even patient outcomes.
That list of reasons sounded like something the NP propaganda machine would write. I thought one reason was esp. interesting: "The osteopathic profession cannot exist if we can only produce primary care doctors." --- But wait a minute, doesn't the D.O. profession hail itself as the ones sending their students to primary care? The reasons below sound very childish if not down right selfish.

======================================================
  • The new guidelines will require osteopaths who have passed their COMLEX exams and completed AOA approved residencies to take all the USMLE exams in order to enter into ACGME fellowship positions. Why should Osteopathic graduates who have taken COMLEX and performed well be required to take the USMLE licensing exam? What would be the point of having the USMLE as a metric for admission? This is senseless and again an example of discrimination against our profession.
  • The unified accreditation process will lead to the destruction of the AOA certification process
  • The underlying assumption is that Osteopathic programs across the board are inferior. That is simply not true.
  • It threatens the viability of the separate licensing exams such as the COMLEX exams
  • Several ACGME programs have closed under ACGME standards then reopened under the AOA and flourished. Niagara Falls Memorial LECOMT and Reading Hospital PCOM were both Family Practice initially ACGME and now AOA accredited. This is an important point because our programs are theirs if we give this all up.
  • We have a long rich history of providing healthcare to the American public. The Osteopathic profession has expanded the number of schools and graduates to hopefully make it possible to produce enough positions to serve the American public. Right now we are short about 20,000 physicians and the Affordable Care Act only exacerbates the shortages causing this number to quintuple over the next decade. We can and will create more osteopathic programs.
  • Many osteopathic GME programs (quality programs) may not meet all of the ACGME standards and will close. We can ill afford to lose even 1 osteopathic GME spot.
  • The common program pathway that was proposed to us by the ACGME is discriminatory against D.O.'s.
  • The way to do this is to not capitulate our entire process but to work hand-in-hand with the ACGME to identify milestones and metrics.
  • Closure of osteopathic programs destroys the option of us being a full-spectrum profession.
  • The osteopathic profession cannot exist if we can only produce primary care doctors.
  • A number of AOA-accredited teaching hospitals cannot fiscally support ACGME-accredited programs, but they are able to support AOA-accredited programs.
  • Starting new programs with ACGME standards will prove more difficult and that fewer programs will be created, especially in non–primary care specialties.
  • Why should Osteopathic graduates who have taken COMLEX and performed well be required to take the USMLE licensing exam? What would be the point of having the USMLE as a metric for admission? This is senseless and again an example of discrimination against our profession.
  • Accepting MD graduates into AOA-accredited programs takes potential spots from DO graduates.
  • Osteopathic GME offers an osteopathic perspective that makes DOs distinctive, and this distinctiveness will be completely lost if the unified GME accreditation system comes to fruition.
  • ACGME-accredited programs do not guarantee more spots for DO graduates (many ACGME programs currently limit the number of DOs or do not accept DOs altogether).
  • Accreditation of our programs by the ACGME negates the need for AOA specialty certification, and this has the potential to cause a “death spiral” for osteopathic specialty colleges and will ultimately destroy allegiance to the AOA.

Last edited:
People use the word "discriminate" like being a DO is a race or gender.

I have dose of reality for you.

PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO JUDGE YOU FOR BEING A DO. It isnt illegal and it isnt immoral.

Reactions: 8 users

PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO JUDGE YOU FOR BEING A DO. It isnt illegal and it isnt immoral.
When I hear the words, "DO Discrimination", I just stop listening at that point as it sounds ridiculous. The ACGME allowed DOs to apply to their residencies but the AOA did not reciprocate for MDs. Now that's discrimination.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)

If we are equal physicians under the law and we merge residencies, yes it is immoral and should be illegal to discriminate us.

I should've Saved My Time and not looked at this thread...

Reactions: 3 users

According to DocEspana ( and he knows people in very high places) this is not true. Please see the thread "I agree with Devitz who insist that LCME will take over COCA" in this forum.

If we are equal physicians under the law and we merge residencies, yes it is immoral and should be illegal to discriminate us.

Just like how its illegal to prefer Harvard grads over community college grads?

Reactions: 2 users
You don't have a RIGHT to a specific residency at a specific institution. Every program can decide which type of resident it wants and what type of pedigree it wants. This happens in the MD world too.

When I hear the words, "DO Discrimination", I just stop listening at that point as it sounds ridiculous. The ACGME allowed DOs to apply to their residencies but not vice-versa. Now that's discrimination.
MD's aren't trained in OMT, duh! Oh wait I spent the last year in OMM studying for my USMLE, and passed OMM with flying colors. Its beyond ludicrous the people that represent the DO "profession". Its a circle of old waspy farts that voted themselves into self made positions so that they can feel important.

1 system, 1 set of standards, allow all into all residencies and end this nonsense. In 5 years all would be settled. Let the crappy programs die off because frankly they are producing subpar physicians. Ever been do one of those small DO IM programs? Some of the residents work less than the attendings, and probably see 1/2 the pathology that their MD equivalents see. Give osteopaths a special piece of paper that says I have been trained in OMT and I can bill for it, or hell make it a 1-2 year fellowship for those nuts that actually like it.

You know what they need to do, is make DO and MD like a race, and on your application you can choose, DO, MD, or I wish to not disclose. Just like they do white/latino/etc.

MD's aren't trained in OMT, duh! Oh wait I spent the last year in OMM studying for my USMLE, and passed OMM with flying colors. Its beyond ludicrous the people that represent the DO "profession". Its a circle of old waspy farts that voted themselves into self made positions so that they can feel important.

1 system, 1 set of standards, allow all into all residencies and end this nonsense. In 5 years all would be settled. Let the crappy programs die off because frankly they are producing subpar physicians. Ever been do one of those small DO IM programs? Some of the residents work less than the attendings, and probably see 1/2 the pathology that their MD equivalents see. Give osteopaths a special piece of paper that says I have been trained in OMT and I can bill for it, or hell make it a 1-2 year fellowship for those nuts that actually like it.

You know what they need to do, is make DO and MD like a race, and on your application you can choose, DO, MD, or I wish to not disclose. Just like they do white/latino/etc.
It seems like that DOs like to **** over their students at every turn, whether it's mandating a different licensing exam - rather than having a separate OMM exam and having everyone take the USMLE, or not having enough seats in their DO residencies for DO students, etc.

Some of these DO residencies are truly in the middle of nowhere and are truly lacking in quality. Residency is the last time you get any supervision before you're thrown out in the real world. This is nothing but a self-protection racket to bar any quality control.

Last edited:
Just like how its illegal to prefer Harvard grads over community college grads?
That's not the same. In the current climate PDs can literally press one button and weed out all DOs and FMG solely on the basis of their degree. This is equivalent to saying you can't even apply for the job. We can't force anyone to take DOs, but we can force them to not blatantly dismiss us based only on degree, and if we merge and they want MDs in our residencies, they have to give up their discrimination as well.

Besides, GME is federally funded for EVERYONE, not just MDs. This is not like hiring process at a private institutions.

Last edited:
You don't have a RIGHT to a specific residency at a specific institution. Every program can decide which type of resident it wants and what type of pedigree it wants. This happens in the MD world too.
Straw man. I didn't say we had a right to a specific residency. We have a right to equal protection is all I said.

Straw man. I didn't say we had a right to a specific residency. We have a right to equal protection.
No, actually you don't. If a residency wishes to not consider DOs at all for their residencies, they are perfectly allowed to do that and not interview a DO. Same with not wanting to consider IMGs. Just like if a Wall Street firm only considers Ivy League graduates.

No, actually you don't. If a residency wishes to not consider DOs at all for their residencies, they are perfectly allowed to do that and not interview a DO. Same with not wanting to consider IMGs. Just like if a Wall Street firm only considers Ivy League graduates.
I would agree with you if we were talking about a Wall St. firm. Here we're talking about federally funded programs intended for everyone. The same rules do not apply.

If you want to have part of your tax money go to discriminating your degree, go ahead. I don't.

I would agree with you if we were talking about a Wall St. firm. Here we're talking about federally funded programs intended for everyone. The same rules do not apply.
They're not intended for everyone - only physicians. Just like state public universities, who can choose who they wish to fill its ranks, residency programs can also choose who they wish to fill its ranks, whether it's MD graduate, DO graduate, or an IMG.

Last edited:
They're not intended for everyone - only physicians. Just like state public universities, who can choose who they wish to fill its ranks, residency programs can also choose who they wish to fill its ranks, which it's MD graduate, DO graduate, or an IMG.
I'm not saying you can't have choice on what candidates you take. They do that with universities. What I'm saying is you shouldn't be legally able to discriminate on an entire degree population if things are federally funded AND we do the merger. We can disagree. That's not an issue.

I'm not saying you can't have choice on what candidates you take. They do that with universities. What I'm saying is you shouldn't be legally able to discriminate on an entire degree population if things are federally funded AND we do the merger. We can disagree. That's not an issue.
The merger only insures that you are free to apply. It doesn't insure that your application will be looked at. Favoring a certain type of applicant is not "discrimination", and by labeling it so, downplays real incidences of discrimination.

Reactions: 8 users
The merger only insures that you are free to apply. It doesn't insure that your application will be looked at. Favoring a certain type of applicant is not "discrimination", and by labeling it so, downplays real incidences of discrimination.

It is literally the definition of discrimination. Ahem...

Discrimination- noun- treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit.

Where you are correct is that it is not discrimination based on the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which is what matters for federal purposes. No one here is insinuating that the type of discrimination that DOs face is equivalent to that faced by people experiencing racial or religious persecution, but it is a type of discrimination. It is totally reasonable for DOs to expect that the practice end if they're to turn over thousands of formerly protected residency positions. I'm not saying it should be a sticking point, but it's a point for negotiation. With that said, I'll go a step further and say that similar protections should be afforded to qualified MD students who apply to osteopathically-focused residency positions.

No one is saying that PDs can't judge DO students based on the perceived or real quality of the schools they attend, or grades, or Step scores. That's part of normal selection. What sets DOs apart is that they are part of a large class of people who share a single, uniting feature: their degree. I think what people are saying is that, all things aside, it should be against official policy to immediately discount an entire human being (and their potential value as a physician) because of the degree behind their name. With the status quo, I don't get too upset about it because of the clearly conflicting issues among both parties, but under a merger being negotiated in good faith, it is reasonable for the osteopathic profession to call for an end to the practice.

It is literally the definition of discrimination. Ahem...

Discrimination- noun- treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit.

Where you are correct is that it is not discrimination based on the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which is what matters for federal purposes. No one here is insinuating that the type of discrimination that DOs face is equivalent to that faced by people experiencing racial or religious persecution, but it is a type of discrimination. It is totally reasonable for DOs to expect that the practice end if they're to turn over thousands of formerly protected residency positions. I'm not saying it should be a sticking point, but it's a point for negotiation. With that said, I'll go a step further and say that similar protections should be afforded to qualified MD students who apply to osteopathically-focused residency positions.

No one is saying that PDs can't judge DO students based on the perceived or real quality of the schools they attend, or grades, or Step scores. That's part of normal selection. What sets DOs apart is that they are part of a large class of people who share a single, uniting feature: their degree. I think what people are saying is that, all things aside, it should be against official policy to immediately discount an entire human being (and their potential value as a physician) because of the degree behind their name. With the status quo, I don't get too upset about it because of the clearly conflicting issues among both parties, but under a merger being negotiated in good faith, it is reasonable for the osteopathic profession to call for an end to the practice.
Not when many DO residencies esp. in many of the competitive specialties such as ENT, Ortho, Derm, Rads, etc. have actively "discriminated" against MDs. The DO degree is itself individual merit. Many PDs believe (probably rightfully so) that DO graduates are less qualified bc of their inability to get into an allopathic med school, as demonstrated by lower average GPAs and MCAT scores.

I don't think it downplays anything. Just because one type of discrimination is more egregious (racism), it doesn't mean another lesser type (degree) is not a cause to take.

Not when many DO residencies esp. in many of the competitive specialties such as ENT, Ortho, Derm, Rads, etc. have actively "discriminated" against MDs. The DO degree is itself individual merit. Many PDs believe (probably rightfully so) that DO graduates are less qualified bc of their inability to get into an allopathic med school, as demonstrated by lower average GPAs and MCAT scores.
I don't know if you have heard of a test called the USMLE. It kind of matters a lot for residency and only an idiot would care about how you did in O.Chem when you have USMLE grades on the table.

I don't think it downplays anything. Just because one type of discrimination is more egregious (racism), it doesn't mean another lesser type (degree) is not a cause to take.
Racism is an immutable characteristic that you have no choice in. How you equate this to a degree choice is beyond me.

I don't know if you have heard of a test called the USMLE. It kind of matters a lot for residency and only an idiot would care about how you did in O.Chem when you have USMLE grades on the table.
An exam that most DOs don't take, bc their school mandates they take the COMLEX.

Racism is an immutable characteristic that you have no choice in. How you equate this to a degree choice is beyond me.
It's an example to create an analogy. It doesn't need to be perfect to understand the point. Twisting it like you do is disingenuous. As a minority myself who has both seen racism toward his family and experienced it myself at times, I don't take these things lightly.

An exam that most DOs don't take, bc their school mandates they take the COMLEX.
Which is why I don't have a problem with today's discrimination. If we move to a merger and one single exam, this story changes.

It's an example to create an analogy. Twisting it like you do is disingenuous. As a minority myself who has both seen racism in his family and experienced it myself at times, I don't take these things lightly.
Yes, and it's a bad analogy on your part. You obviously took it lightly if you have the gall to compare the two to any degree.

Which is why I don't have a problem with today's discrimination. If we move to a merger and one single exam, this story changes.
Except right now the discrimination is only on your side with DO residencies not allowing MDs to participate in the AOA match, while DOs can participate in both matches.

Your USMLE score is not your entire application and all-encompassing of your medical school experience. Any PD knows this quite well.

Your USMLE score is not your entire application and all-encompassing of your medical school experience. Any PD knows this quite well.
So you don't think there's any single scenario when a DO can have a stronger application than MD and that person get discriminated on degree? I mean, there are literally programs that say "DO must attain >250 to apply. US MD must have >220," so lets not pretend the problem doesn't happen with USMLE alone.

Except right now the discrimination is only on your side with DO residencies not allowing MDs to participate in the AOA match, while DOs can participate in both matches.
And that's why I support an ending to the discrimination by going forward with the merger and having 1 licensing exam. I'm not excusing what other DOs are doing.

So you don't think there's any single scenario when a DO can have a stronger application than MD and that person get discriminated on degree? I mean, there are literally programs that say "DO must attain >250 to apply. US MD must have >220," so lets not pretend the problem doesn't happen with USMLE alone.
Yup and that's bc of the quality of MS-3 clerkship experiences by DO students.

That's not the same. In the current climate PDs can literally press one button and weed out all DOs and FMG solely on the basis of their degree. This is equivalent to saying you can't even apply for the job. We can't force anyone to take DOs, but we can force them to not blatantly dismiss us based only on degree, and if we merge and they want MDs in our residencies, they have to give up their discrimination as well.

Besides, GME is federally funded for EVERYONE, not just MDs. This is not like hiring process at a private institutions.

It isnt "like the hiring process of private institutions"

....It IS the hiring process of a private institution.

I don't 100% believe this but the counter argument from a DO would be that MDs are not qualified to enter into DO residencies since they're missing approximately 200 hours of osteopathic education. At least DO schools have a good legal argument for keeping MDs out, however contrived and bogus it may or may not be.

Comments like the above do reveal some inherent bias toward DOs. I will say that the logic of your argument is terribly flawed. Regardless of someone's ability to get into an allopathic medical school, a DO who scores a 270 on the USMLE is, by the objective measure of the gold standard of medical licensure, better (perhaps even smarter) than his/her MD colleague. A lot more goes into the assessment of an individual's ability, so we can't draw the line there. Or can we? By your own logic, the DO who scored poorly on the MCAT is less of a physician than the MD who didn't. Shouldn't we then apply the same standard to the lower scoring MD? Of course not. Likewise, a reasonable person would want the best applicants, regardless of where they achieved their medical education.

There are plenty of DO schools where students rotate immediately beside their local MD colleagues. Don't use the DO students have crappy rotations excuse to pain a broad brush. It's disingenuous. Sure, there are some schools that have crappy rotations but that is not true of them all, or even the majority of DO schools.

Then we have nothing more to talk about because you're clearly just biased.

For the record: I'm sure clerkships at MSUCOM or OSUCOM are better than those at the new Cooper MD school or perhaps others.

I don't 100% believe this but the counter argument from a DO would be that MDs are not qualified to enter into DO residencies since they're missing approximately 200 hours of osteopathic education. At least DO schools have a good legal argument for keeping MDs out, however contrived and bogus it may or may not be.

Comments like the above do reveal some inherent bias toward DOs. I will say that the logic of your argument is terribly flawed. Regardless of someone's ability to get into an allopathic medical school, a DO who scores a 270 on the USMLE is, by the objective measure of the gold standard of medical licensure, better (perhaps even smarter) than his/her MD colleague. A lot more goes into the assessment of an individual's ability, so we can't draw the line there. Or can we? By your own logic, the DO who scored poorly on the MCAT is less of a physician than the MD who didn't. Shouldn't we then apply the same standard to the lower scoring MD? Of course not. Likewise, a reasonable person would want the best applicants, regardless of where they achieved their medical education.
No bc a test score is not your entire medical education. It's one part of the puzzle. Also your 200 hours of OMM are not used in AOA Dermatology.

Then we have nothing more to talk about because you're clearly just biased.

For the record: I'm sure clerkships at MSUCOM or OSUCOM are better than those at the new Cooper MD school or perhaps others.
Yeah, try to compare apples to oranges. Compare MSUCOM/OSUCOM to University of Michigan or Case Western. MD residencies compare allopathic schools to eachother as well.

Lots of hand-wringing going on about merging and actually having to show equality (when it's mostly already there). Of course we could just keep saying it over and over again enough times to convince everyone else. +pity+