Saybrook/LIOS Counseling MA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nahsil

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.saybrook.edu/academic-affairs/areas/cp/macounsel

I'm not interested in distance learning, because in addition to the stigma of it, I have social issues that will benefit greatly from the everyday face-to-faceness of a residential program, but this is Saybrook's "most residential" program, 7 conferences per year of 4-5 days each.

But is that enough?

I'm interested in humanistic/existential programs so I'm applying to places like Seattle U, U of Dallas, West Georgia, Duquesne, and Point Park, which are all residential. Wondering if I should even really consider Saybrook/LIOS because I DEFINITELY want a residential program.

Anybody know anything about it/experienced it?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not interested in distance learning, because in addition to the stigma of it, I have social issues that will benefit greatly from the everyday face-to-faceness of a residential program, but this is Saybrook's "most residential" program, 7 conferences per year of 4-5 days each.

But is that enough?

I'm interested in humanistic/existential programs so I'm applying to places like Seattle U, U of Dallas, West Georgia, Duquesne, and Point Park, which are all residential. Wondering if I should even really consider Saybrook/LIOS because I DEFINITELY want a residential program.

Stay away from it.

But is that enough?

Hello,

I received a notification that you were possibly interested in the LIOS MA Programs of Saybrook University, specifically the MA of Psychology degree. I would be happy to speak with you more about this degree, the curriculum, and our program as it pertains to Graduate-level education. Yes, our program is unique in that "class time" occurs during seven annual residential conferences, each 4 - 5 days long as you noted. With the design of our curriculum, it is more effective to deliver instruction in this format.

Please contact me with questions or comments about the program at [email protected]. As the Academic Program Coordinator, I would be happy to help you understand if this program is potential a good fit for you. Thank you, and be well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I received a notification that you were possibly interested in the LIOS MA Programs of Saybrook University, specifically the MA of Psychology degree. I would be happy to speak with you more about this degree, the curriculum, and our program as it pertains to Graduate-level education. Yes, our program is unique in that "class time" occurs during seven annual residential conferences, each 4 - 5 days long as you noted. With the design of our curriculum, it is more effective to deliver instruction in this format.

Please contact me with questions or comments about the program at [email protected]. As the Academic Program Coordinator, I would be happy to help you understand if this program is potential a good fit for you. Thank you, and be well.

Only one post just for this thread? OP watch out.

For those of us unfamiliar with the program, why the warning? All I know about the school is recognizing the name as being humanistic leaning.

Yes, our program is unique in that "class time" occurs during seven annual residential conferences, each 4 - 5 days long as you noted. With the design of our curriculum, it is more effective to deliver instruction in this format.

citation-needed-wikipedia-819731_500_271.jpg

Mrrrrrrmmmmmmmm yeah, I've decided to just exclude Saybrook. Too bad I already paid the application fee, I'm dumb.

It was recommended to me by a cool guy, and the faculty can be pretty cool from what I've seen; I think it's legitimate in that way, but the not-quite-residential is a dealbreaker.

Mrrrrrrmmmmmmmm yeah, I've decided to just exclude Saybrook. Too bad I already paid the application fee, I'm dumb.

It was recommended to me by a cool guy, and the faculty can be pretty cool from what I've seen; I think it's legitimate in that way, but the not-quite-residential is a dealbreaker.

Just stay with brick and mortar schools OP. Good luck, you're not dumb, you made the right decision.:)