SCAM ALERT!: Pharmacy student is running a Dr. Collins SCAM!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

User12579

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO DHoangRX IN EXCHANGE FOR DR. COLLINS.

Since at least last May, a student has been scamming forum members/browsers looking to purchase the Dr. Collins PCAT study guide. He requests that people pay via Venmo or Squarecash, because it is almost impossible to receive a refund for money sent via any of these services. Once he's received the money he has requested via Venmo, you will never receive your package or hear from him again. He refuses to accept PayPal because PayPal offers more robust buyer protections.

I am one of a group of people who was recently scammed over the past few weeks by him. Through a third-party, we have managed to obtain his IP address, along with indisputable proof that he was accepted to a pharmacy program. According to the IP address we were able to obtain, he accesses the internet via Comcast. He previously posted on SDN under the screennames domdan33, PharmoniusRX, and most likely others as well.

He is currently scamming forum users under the screenname DHoangRX.

He requests and receives money via Venmo and Squarecash. He likely has other aliases.

He thinks we are bluffing, but late last night we submitted e-mail to his dean and submitted to him the evidence we have (including screensohts) which links one of their very own students to a long-running scam. Once we have formally spoken with the Dean on Monday, we can't imagine that his University will have any other recourse other than to dismiss him. We have also contacted the Police Department as well as a lawyer (ironically enough, a relative of one of his victims) who has offered to assist us in filing suit against him in State Court.

Prior to being exposed publicly the other day in one of his own threads, his FB timeline publicly stated that he had started a pharmacy program in 2015. However, after his scam was exposed, he made all elements of his FB profile private. Ironically enough, we took screenshots of his FB page several days ago (before he altered his privacy settings), so we now have even more proof of his status as a pharmacy student. What's so bewildering is the fact that, even after being exposed as a scammer and reported to the dean of his own pharmacy program as well as the police, he continues to attempt to perpetuate his scam on SDN. Perhaps he feels that since his dismissal from pharmacy school is imminent, he might as well continue breaking the law.

Remember: he is currently scamming people under the screenname DHoangRX. He will probably create a new screenname after viewing this post.

Again -- don't send one cent to him!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I second this notice!! Beware, I was scammed by him as well!

DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO DHoangRX IN EXCHANGE FOR DR. COLLINS.

Since at least last May, a student has been scamming forum members/browsers looking to purchase the Dr. Collins PCAT study guide. He requests that people pay via Venmo or Squarecash, because it is almost impossible to receive a refund for money sent via any of these services. Once he's received the money he has requested via Venmo, you will never receive your package or hear from him again. He refuses to accept PayPal because PayPal offers more robust buyer protections.

I am one of a group of people who was recently scammed over the past few weeks by him. Through a third-party, we have managed to obtain his IP address, along with indisputable proof that he was accepted to a pharmacy program. According to the IP address we were able to obtain, he accesses the internet via Comcast. He previously posted on SDN under the screennames domdan33, PharmoniusRX, and most likely others as well.

He is currently scamming forum users under the screenname DHoangRX.

He requests and receives money via Venmo and Squarecash. He likely has other aliases.

He thinks we are bluffing, but late last night we submitted e-mail to his dean and submitted to him the evidence we have (including screensohts) which links one of their very own students to a long-running scam. Once we have formally spoken with the Dean on Monday, we can't imagine that his University will have any other recourse other than to dismiss him. We have also contacted the Police Department as well as a lawyer (ironically enough, a relative of one of his victims) who has offered to assist us in filing suit against him in State Court.

Prior to being exposed publicly the other day in one of his own threads, his FB timeline publicly stated that he had started a pharmacy program in 2015. However, after his scam was exposed, he made all elements of his FB profile private. Ironically enough, we took screenshots of his FB page several days ago (before he altered his privacy settings), so we now have even more proof of his status as a pharmacy student. What's so bewildering is the fact that, even after being exposed as a scammer and reported to the dean of his own pharmacy program as well as the police, he continues to attempt to perpetuate his scam on SDN. Perhaps he feels that since his dismissal from pharmacy school is imminent, he might as well continue breaking the law.

Remember: he is currently scamming people under the screenname DHoangRX. He will probably create a new screenname after viewing this post.

Again -- don't send one cent to him!

I can vouch for this I was just scammed by this guy for $150 for a dr. collins study guide under the name timmytran33 , [email protected] using google wallet. He insisted we had to use venmo, squarecash or google wallet.
If they ask to only use venmo or squarecash run, everyone should be able to use paypal.
my email is [email protected] for anyone with questions
watch out for a name with 33 in it as well.

Look out for names timmy tran or @thamtran
number he gave me is 484-336-6812.
Seems really nice but dont believe it

Members don't see this ad :)
I will third this! I just got scammed for $375 yesterday for Berkeley review books for the MCAT.
He seems very nice but don't believe it its all a ruse!

If you guys want to PM me, I have obtained very convincing information that most likely reveals the scammer's true identity.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/beware-of-scammer-dhoangrx.1193631/

I'm sorry to hear you guys got scammed by this idiot. The same thing happened to me back in January when I attempted to purchase the Dr. Collins study guide from him. I paid him $180 via Venmo, but I got my money back by doing a chargeback through my bank. Back when I was scammed in January, I obtained strong evidence of his true identity, and I also traced his IP address to an area of Philadelphia. I have screenshots on my other computer of the aforementioned evidence as to who he really is. He is a pharmacy student at Temple University in Philadelphia. When I accused him of scamming me back in January and stated that I knew his real name, he didn't argue with me or deny the allegations; instead, he simply privated all the information on his FB page. However, I managed to take screenshots of it before he made these changes. I had planned on contacting Dr. Peter Doukas, the Dean of Temple's pharmacy program, after he scammed me to provide evidence that one of their students is breaking the law by scamming people, but I didn't get around to it after my bank successfully performed a chargeback. PM if you would like more information. I even threatened the idiot with reporting him to Dr. Doukas, and it looks like he is STILL scamming people, so reporting him to Temple might be the only solution. PM me if you'd like more info.

Time to end this thief.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh my gosh!! I was scammed too by him!
File a dispute with your bank right away!! There's a decent chance that you could t your money back. Someone else who was scammed by him went to their bank and got their money back.

oh my gosh good! I have been there's so many transactions he took from me.... Trying to call to update my bank now that I have confirmation on this

I can vouch for this I was just scammed by this guy for $150 for a dr. collins study guide under the name timmytran33 , [email protected] using google wallet. He insisted we had to use venmo, squarecash or google wallet.
If they ask to only use venmo or squarecash run, everyone should be able to use paypal.
my email is [email protected] for anyone with questions
watch out for a name with 33 in it as well.

Look out for names timmy tran or @thamtran
number he gave me is 484-336-6812.
Seems really nice but dont believe it

I was scammed by the same person selling MCAT books... He had the same number. I literally googled his number and came upon this thread. He deleted the original thread, but I had it bookmarked: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/tbr-the-berkeley-review-2016-complete-set.1201762/

Pretty sure the user MayDNguyen is this person and is trying to scam me as well. Said they were recently accepted to medical school and were selling a set of TBR books, but deleted their thread. I saw a similar user named MayNguyenD selling the pharmacy book and that's what made me suspicious. When I called MayDNguyen out on this they haven't responded. Please catch this scammer. Pics are attached.

first pic - MayNguyenD user selling pharmacy books
second pic - user wanting me to pay upfront with squarecash app
third pic - user "MayDNguyen" claiming to have TBR set for sale. as you can see this email reflects the username of the user in the first pic
saigon.jpg maynguyendscammer .jpg maynguyend scammer.jpg

Pretty sure the user MayDNguyen is this person and is trying to scam me as well. Said they were recently accepted to medical school and were selling a set of TBR books, but deleted their thread. I saw a similar user named MayNguyenD selling the pharmacy book and that's what made me suspicious. When I called MayDNguyen out on this they haven't responded. Please catch this scammer. Pics are attached.

first pic - MayNguyenD user selling pharmacy books
second pic - user wanting me to pay upfront with squarecash app
third pic - user "MayDNguyen" claiming to have TBR set for sale. as you can see this email reflects the username of the user in the first pic
View attachment 204760 View attachment 204761 View attachment 204762

It's almost definitely the same guy. Apparently, actually catching the guy in the act is more or less impossible, so I guess he's just going to continue to scam non-stop.

Yes, I was scammed by both names but by the same person . Can't believe this is still going on

Yes, I was scammed by both names but by the same person . Can't believe this is still going on

Apparently the banks, FBI, police, etc. aren't worried about it, or else they would've taken action against him by now. And all of us are apprehensive about reporting him to Temple's dean for fear of reprisal against ourselves. I guess he'll have to scam someone for a huge sum of money before the authorities decide to do anything.

He/she did say they were from Pennsylvania so that does make sense.

This is still going on! I had to do a chargeback with my bank! DO NOT FALL FOR HIS SCAMS!

I really wish this has stopped by now. I was scammed back in May but was able to get my money back by making a dispute through Google Wallet.

If any of you reside in Manhattan, i would take this to the NYPD. as a NYC resident, they should take the case even though the scammer is in PA. They have a pretty active frauds unit.