SCAN interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHappyM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone experience with the SCAN interview? (schedules for clinical assessment in neuropsychiatry)
How is the an diagnosis made on the basis of the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I hate check list psychiatry.

"Yes I really am hallucinating"
No you are not.
"I really am and if you don't admit me, I think I will become a danger to myself or to others." :meh:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The lost art of assessing reality testing.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
yes - its a very good structured interview tool that's based on the present state examination and uses ICD-10 diagnoses. Much more interesting questions than the SCID.I'm not sure what you're asking. Diagnoses in psychiatry are based on clinical interview. The SCAN asks structured questions based on diagnostic criteria and diagnoses are made based on those diagnoses patients meet criteria for. you have to be trained in using it.
yes - its a very good structured interview tool that's based on the present state examination and uses ICD-10 diagnoses. Much more interesting questions than the SCID.I'm not sure what you're asking. Diagnoses in psychiatry are based on clinical interview. The SCAN asks structured questions based on diagnostic criteria and diagnoses are made based on those diagnoses patients meet criteria for. you have to be trained in using it.

Thank you for the respons.
Yes, I know. But if you look a section 6 of the SCAN for example.
There are a lot of questions in the SCAN which are not included in the ICD-10 criteria for depression:

6.003: Do you often feel like crying?
Why is a question like this included in the SCAN?

What if you dont have the program on the computer?