SCCO alternate list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yuh huh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone on the alternate list hear back or get accepted yet for this year?

Members don't see this ad.

hey i just got on the alternate list and was wondering the same thing. I'm not sure if I remember correctly but did everyone on the alternate list get into the school last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
bump**

man. this anticipation is crazy. are you guys just waiting for a response too or are you going to choose a diff school?

I had heard that they accepted everyone on the waitlist too from last year, I guess we will see.. Being from So Cal, I cant wait to see what tier I'm placed on when they are announced next week :xf::

I am interviewing at UMSL next weekend and ICO also later.

yep.. still waiting.. been checking email like no other...
was accepted to a few other schools, but would like to know if i got into SCCO for sure before making final decision

@rzwildcats: do you know for sure they announce next week? (would keep me from checking email so much) how'd you come by that info?

i'm in the same boat. i talked to dr. munroe yesterday and she said that the alternate list should be finalized on the 20th. they're still interviewing!

Well my friend said that today (Wednesday) is the last day they will be doing interviews. He found out because he just interviewed yesterday at SCCO too. I just assumed that they would probably make tiers as soon as they were done like they said they would in the email they sent out about the alternate list. So I guess according to ptula it is the 20th then.

alright. it feels good to actually know a date.
talk to you guys in a week then! haha
gluck to all of us :xf:

im in the same boat as you guys
and last time i asked dr. munroe (last week) she said their plan is to finalize alternate list by next week but said cant give exact date when it will be finalized.

a few things i heard.. last year was first time the centralized application was used so more applicants applied to more schools than before so they probably did not know what to expect and thats why everyone on the alternate list got it. and i feel they are definitely interviewing more students this year..

and also there is facebook group page for SCCO class of 2015 and currently they have 106 members and i tried to join but dr.munroe is in charge and she told me only "accepted students can join"..so i assume there are 106 students who got in now..but hopefully some will change their minds as more deposits are due

Scco deposits aren't due until late may, which is when students have to make their final decisions, in case you were wondering. I have 2 friends planning on giving up theirs seats. I may as well. goodluck

Members don't see this ad :)
haven't heard anything yet, did you ask them or did they contact you?

I e-mailed Dr. Munroe and asked her about it. I don't think I'll be getting in...so NECO it is! Anyone else going to NECO? :)

I e-mailed Dr. Munroe and asked her about it. I don't think I'll be getting in...so NECO it is! Anyone else going to NECO? :)

yah my friend emailed her and got 1st quartile, i'm gonna email her now and find out hopefully by tomorrow.

heard back today, got 1st quartile :). Good luck everyone!

I got 1st quartile as well! Does that mean we are pretty much guaranteed a spot?

4th quartile....should I basically be giving up all hope?

requiem3 -You never know, last year EVERYONE was taken off the alternate list and given a seat... granted this year they have 90 students on the alternate list as opposed to 68 students last year. I won't lie and say that you have a good chance, but there is some chance and hopefully it will work out. Good luck to you!

Has anyone heard from Dr. Munroe recently? I sent her an email about the alternate list last Monday, and haven't heard back yet. :(

I just emailed Betty and Dr. Munroe about giving up my seat. Hope this helps some of you!

I just heard back today and I officially have been accepted into SCCO!

Congrats!! I guess we know who got coloradosky's spot. :p

They are still on first quartile, my friend on first quartile still hasn't heard back yet

Did anyone else from the waitlist hear back? Being in the third quartile sucks :lame:

I'm in the 2nd quartile and haven't heard back yet :lame:. Does anyone have an idea what quartile they're accepting from at the moment?

I emailed Dr. Munroe after May 15th and she said they were pulling from the second quartile =/

WHATTT loll how recently? they are def in 2nd quartile.

i just got the email yesterday :(. Why would she lie to me. One of my friends was accepted and said only 14 people have joined the facebook group and with 90 people on the waiting list I would assume the 1st quartile is made up of around 23 people.

What is everyone's back-up school in case you don't get off the wait list?

It was confirmed today, they're on the 2nd quartile...hope is not completely lost! :xf:

This is really weird because my friend that is in the 1st quartile who hasn't heard back also emailed Dr. Munroe a couple days ago and she also said that they are still in the 1st quartile and that the list is moving slower than usual. I can also say that from being added to the official facebook group back at the beginning of May that, since April 20th, only about 15-16 people have been added and no one that will be a first year has been added since 12 days ago. Obviously wish this wasn't the case, but just telling you what I know and see..best of luck to everyone :xf:

This is really weird because my friend that is in the 1st quartile who hasn't heard back also emailed Dr. Munroe a couple days ago and she also said that they are still in the 1st quartile and that the list is moving slower than usual. I can also say that from being added to the official facebook group back at the beginning of May that, since April 20th, only about 15-16 people have been added and no one that will be a first year has been added since 12 days ago. Obviously wish this wasn't the case, but just telling you what I know and see..best of luck to everyone :xf:

She told me that they were well into the 2nd quartile. I don't really understand the process. Since the deadline for the matriculation fee has passed, shouldn't they just know how many spots are open and just fill them up? Or is there really just a slow progression of ppl that decide to not go...? How did the entire waitlist get admitted last year? lol Or do they just take a long time to decide who they want to accept from the waitlist? Oh well. Still being hopeful :D :xf: lol

She told me that they were well into the 2nd quartile. I don't really understand the process. Since the deadline for the matriculation fee has passed, shouldn't they just know how many spots are open and just fill them up? Or is there really just a slow progression of ppl that decide to not go...? How did the entire waitlist get admitted last year? lol Or do they just take a long time to decide who they want to accept from the waitlist? Oh well. Still being hopeful :D :xf: lol

AhHh! Hearing these contradictory things is somewhat frustrating :/.

But from what I've heard, SCCO gives a 2 week grace period for recent acceptees to decide if they want to take the open seat. My guess is that's what's keeping the process from progressing faster (especially since most people have probably paid deposits to other schools at this point.. so the decision to accept/decline might be more difficult).

Anddd I'm pretty sure more people applied this year, which is why they interviewed later into the cycle and didn't start accepting waitlisted students till May rather than April :/.

From the Alternate List FAQ, I was under the impression that we were ranked by score, and according to that score it determined the order we would be accepted? But some of these comments are making me kinda uneasy about what I thought was going on haha.

Just my two cents... but let's keep hoping for that good news :)!

Hmm.. Do you know if your friend told Dr. Munroe that SCCO was her first choice school? I think that also determines who they pull of the list :/. Not sure if that's the reason why...

Hmm.. Do you know if your friend told Dr. Munroe that SCCO was her first choice school? I think that also determines who they pull of the list :/. Not sure if that's the reason why...

Yeah he told me he did a while ago.. I really do hope they are moving along the list but yeah just really weird how people have been told so much contradictory information about this and if it is true they are in the 2nd quartile, I am not sure why my friend has yet to be notified and even after emailing Dr. Munroe was told they are still in the 1st quartile :confused: Its equally stressful because since he is in the 1st quartile I essentially penciled him in as my roommate for next year, so the more days pass by the more I am not sure what to make of it.

Yeah he told me he did a while ago.. I really do hope they are moving along the list but yeah just really weird how people have been told so much contradictory information about this and if it is true they are in the 2nd quartile, I am not sure why my friend has yet to be notified and even after emailing Dr. Munroe was told they are still in the 1st quartile :confused: Its equally stressful because since he is in the 1st quartile I essentially penciled him in as my roommate for next year, so the more days pass by the more I am not sure what to make of it.

yea im pretty surprised that they're telling people different things.

Did anyone on the third quartile end up getting in? :/