SCCO waitlist/alternate list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureodincali2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been placed on the waitlist a couple months back and was wondering if anybody has heard back or gotten accepted from the waitlist ? I would like to hear some feedback from the past applicants and the current applicants as well. Thank you for sharing in advance !:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I was wait-listed a few months back as well and I haven't heard back either. I think a lot of people say that once the Berkeley deposit deadline comes, a lot of students that hold seats at SCCO end up giving up their spots for Berkeley. The deadline for Berkeley is 4/20 so I think end of April/beginning May would be a good time to keep a look out for emails from SCCO regarding the wait-list rankings. I will be removing my name off the wait-list by then, although that might not help you much. I'm not sure if you have done this already, but make sure to send in your letter of intent to let SCCO know that they are your top choice. I think to some extent they do give priority to those on the wait-list that have submitted this letter. Eryn also told me to send her any updates in extracurricular and shadowing experience so that she can add them to my application file. That might be a good idea since it would probably help to let them know you are committed to the profession. Hope this helps and good luck!!

What a coincidence, I just received an email from SCCO saying that the alternate list rankings will be complete on May 4th so make sure you email them at that time to know your ranking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone on the wait-list gotten accepted?

i'm in the first quartile but i havent heard back, and people i knew from first quartile have been accepted already... i'm worried now i heard the drops were a lot smaller than previous years

Do you know if the people accepted were contacted through the portal or by email?

I hope we hear back from them soon.

Just got an email for acceptance yesterday, I was in the first quartile. They give people a week to reply so I'm assuming the next round will be in a week!
Good luck all! :)

complete on May 4th so make sure you email them at that time to know your ranking.
6ik4Ah

Is it weird that I still haven't heard back? I'm in the first quartile..... I'm getting so anxious

Is it weird that I still haven't heard back? I'm in the first quartile..... I'm getting so anxious
You should email or call Eryn and ask her which quartile they are on, when I called last week they were still on the 1st quartile. I'm sure you'll hear back from them soon!!

Hey, has anyone else on the alternate list heard back about acceptance?

I've been calling the admissions office every week lol. They said they are still on the first quartile but they also told my friend (whos waitlisted) saying that they are doing second quartile. Not sure who's right... I'm in first quartile but haven't heard back.

i emailed her a couple days ago and Eryn said that they were still on the first quartile and they would start in the 2nd quartile in a couple of days. I'm assuming they are on it now. She also told me that the class seems pretty secure right now. I'm in the 2nd quartile and the wait is killing me! This is my first choice but I feel like most of the people in the 2nd quartile won't be offered a seat :(