SCCP & MUSC class of 2018 Interviews/Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody from the interview on February 6th at the Columbia campus heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah they do seem to be behind its infuriating. I'm losing my cool

They need to pick up the pace. I emailed Dr. Hall like two weeks ago and he said they have more than half the class to fill still. Then those ice storms delaying their meetings. You're not the only one going crazy haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed Feb 6 in Columbia, haven't heard anything yet.

For what it's worth... I interviewed back at the beginning of November and they told me that they would let me know before Thanksgiving. It wasn't until December 20 that they told me I was accepted. Hang in there... it's a long process. Good luck!

For what it's worth... I interviewed back at the beginning of November and they told me that they would let me know before Thanksgiving. It wasn't until December 20 that they told me I was accepted. Hang in there... it's a long process. Good luck!
Thanks thats... slightly comforting lol.

This Friday and next Friday are the last two interview days. I'm just assuming that I'm rejected. I don't think I can compete with all the people with bachelors degrees. Guess it's time to start asking for more LORs for next cycle.

Congrats to you guys who got in! Did anyone hear from MUSC?

I'm beginning believe there just aren't many MUSC ppl on these boards

Same here. Maybe they'll start accepting people early next week since it's spring break

Members don't see this ad :)
Is next week MUSC spring break? Spring break means no faculty at work and def. no acceptances

They follow the USC schedule and spring break is the week after this following week.

My mistake. I just remember hearing something about march 14

I have a feeling that this week is THE week then. Prolly not a good look if we're not accepted before the break

Yeah hopefully we hear something. I decided that I'm not gonna reapply if I'm rejected.

Is there a Facebook page yet for accepted students to SCCP?

I have a feeling that this week is THE week then. Prolly not a good look if we're not accepted before the break

Hey guys, I spoke to Jenny beginning of last week and she said MUSC is grouping these last 2 or 3 interview dates together before making decisions so they are able to select the best candidates. I know that's a long wait for some of you, but gives you some hope too :). Good luck to all!! I'll be there this Friday!

Did she say when decisions should be made? Or at least start to be made?

Did she say when decisions should be made? Or at least start to be made?

Sorry, I didn't ask. I was more concerned with my chances of getting in since this is one of last interview dates... I will definitely ask Friday though!

Yeah I'm curious if they mentioned when the MUSC acceptances will start going out again

Probably in two weeks since their spring break is starting. I was hoping they'd use at least a couple of those days to make up for the ice storms.

How'd the interviews go?

Hey guys! Interviews were awesome! Much more laid back than UofU... As far as timeline, we were told 2-3 weeks before the admissions committee would make decisions and get e-mails out. So, maybe end of March the way things seem to be going. Good luck everyone!!

Hey guys! Interviews were awesome! Much more laid back than UofU... As far as timeline, we were told 2-3 weeks before the admissions committee would make decisions and get e-mails out. So, maybe end of March the way things seem to be going. Good luck everyone!!

Haha good stuff. I remember preparing for hard scenario questions and stuff but it was just a simple conversation. Thanks for the heads up!

For anyone looking for news, I interviewed Jan 10th and got my acceptance yesterday. However, I'll be attending another school so good luck to those of you still waiting to hear!

For anyone looking for news, I interviewed Jan 10th and got my acceptance yesterday. However, I'll be attending another school so good luck to those of you still waiting to hear!

Which campus?

After 2 months of stressing out, I finally got an acceptance to the MUSC yesterday! :banana:

I got the call this AM after asking for a decision as I have 3 other schools I had to let know!! I'm excited to go back to Charleston!

Hi, I just wanted to check if anyone who interviewed in Columbia Feb 6th has heard anything.. I got an email today saying that the decision deadline has been extended to Friday.

Hi, I just wanted to check if anyone who interviewed in Columbia Feb 6th has heard anything.. I got an email today saying that the decision deadline has been extended to Friday.
Hey I interviewed then and got accepted about a month ago.