Schedule change

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CC128

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my application is complete at all the schools I've applied to, and I'm just waiting for interviews now...but I just started class and I decided I really don't have time to take statistics this semester. I listed it as future coursework on my AMCAS, but I've already taken calculus and statistics is not required for any of the schools I'm applying to. Would I need to notify each school if I decide to drop it, or do they really care since it's not a prereq?

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, I'm taking completely different courses right now than I said I was going to...I can't help it, I shop around for classes the first week....if you're screwed I'm screwed too!

haha awesome...i would hope schools would be understanding about things like that! but you never know with some of these places....

I think it's fine, as long as you fulfill your future school's requirements. I was told by AMCAS that there is no penalty for submitting a hypothetical schedule and that it may actually be beneficial.