Schedule change

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faradayampere

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do we need to notify the office of admission for a change in schedule?

I just switch classes around (i.e. take a seminar in the fall instead of in the spring semester (as reported in amcas)), and just going to add a spanish class to the spring semester? do I need to report those changes to the office of admission? Should I do it by email or snail mail?

Members don't see this ad.

faradayampere said:

I just switch classes around (i.e. take a seminar in the fall instead of in the spring semester (as reported in amcas)), and just going to add a spanish class to the spring semester? do I need to report those changes to the office of admission? Should I do it by email or snail mail?
not if its that minor. don't worry about it. i had to drop an electron microscopy lab to go to my interviews and i didn't call anyone. your future classes section of the AMCAS is not a legally-binding contract, and medical schools have been doing this whole 'admissions' thing for a long time--they know stuff like this changes.

sd

faradayampere said:

If you get accepted, you'll have to send in your transcripts. They'll know what has changed, and if you are just moving classes I don't think they care.

Members don't see this ad :)
what about not taking a class that I said I was going to? I only have to take Calculus as a prereq for TX schools and will be the only reason why I would even be enrolled in school in the Spring. But if I choose to go to one of the out-of-state schools I've been accepted to that doesn't require Calculus then is it possible for me to just not take it at all and forget about it forever???

Munchkin6245 said:
what about not taking a class that I said I was going to? I only have to take Calculus as a prereq for TX schools and will be the only reason why I would even be enrolled in school in the Spring. But if I choose to go to one of the out-of-state schools I've been accepted to that doesn't require Calculus then is it possible for me to just not take it at all and forget about it forever???

You may want to call the school since you have been accepted. If they don't care, you can forget about it.

Munchkin6245 said:
probably. i think dr.z is playing the better-safe-than-sorry angle, but i wouldn't think med schools would want to be bothered too much about this kind of stuff. call them if you're *really* not sure.

replacing biomed engineering classes with 15 credits of water polo is bad, dropping one class is not.