Schedule Planning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amazingracer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am signing up for classes this week and this is my proposed schedule (For Fall/Winter of the next year and Fall of the Following year): Is this schedule doable? (I am a Spanish major btw and am studying abroad in Summer 2017 so I can't really take summer science classes):

Fall 2016:
Physiology
Statistics for Biology
Spanish Literature 1
Organic Chemistry Lab (2 credits- we only have 1 lab for Orgo 1/2)
General Biology Lab 1

Winter 2017:
Genetics
Physics 1
Physics 1 Lab
Spanish Literature 2
Physiology Lab

Fall 2017:
Biochemistry
Physics 2
Physics 2
Psychology 100
Sociology 100

The semester I am most worried about is Fall 2017 since I am taking 4 classes, but I'm thinking that psych/soc should be pretty chill hopefully.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd be more worried about Fall 2016-- Orgo lab can be a huge time sink, in my experience. Extensive lab reports and pre-lab assignments ate up more hours per week than I expected. Add in a second lab, physiology (a tougher bio class at my school), and a literature-based class (potential time sink)... it will be a busy semester, to say the least.

My schedule in the spring semester of Junior year was very close to your Fall 2017 semester, and I found it manageable. Psych and soc, at the 100 level, should be easy.

I think the key here is how much time you have available to dedicate to studying. Are these semesters possible? Sure. Are they possible if you are also working, involved with lots of ECs, and/or studying for the MCAT? That's when it gets tough. When you over-schedule yourself, you might reach a point where something has to give. Just make sure it isn't your GPA.

Edit: Also, enjoy the hell out of your study abroad! One of the best things I did in undergrad.