scheduling question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rubulla

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all,

I need to schedule my USMLE 3 at the end of april/early may... since one doesn't' get to choose eligibility period (my understanding is you have 90 day period from the time when they approve), should I wait a bit before registering, since I am still about 3.5 month from the date I desired. i.e. I didn't want the eligibility date to look like 1/20/07-4/20/07 , instead date needs to be 2/10-5/10

Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

yes.....I would definately wait. THE FSMB is getting a little more efficient (believ it or not...there is hope for beaurocracy!) and I got my scheduling permit pretty soon after I applied. In fact, I got my permit in September and my 90 period was including september, so I acutally missed a few days.

I would wwait until mid march before applying. On the flipside, you can always extend your eligibility period another 90 days if you want. I think it costs $50. But why waiste the money. Wait for mid march and then get you application in.

GOod luck!