Scholarships off the Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Milkman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last thread I could find about this was a few years old. Basically, what is the likelihood that you would receive scholarships after coming off of a waitlist? This is considering merit and/or need based... or would you still get need-based scholarships regardless of how you were accepted? Anyone have any thoughts/experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

Last thread I could find about this was a few years old. Basically, what is the likelihood that you would receive scholarships after coming off of a waitlist? This is considering merit and/or need based... or would you still get need-based scholarships regardless of how you were accepted? Anyone have any thoughts/experiences?

Possible but not probable.

Reactions: 1 user
At my school you would get need-based if you qualified regardless of how you were accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
VCU has a special scholarship for the last student accepted off the wait list every year (partial or maybe even full tuition). It was established by a very successful alumnus who was the last student accepted off the wait list many years ago.

Like many have said, though - need-based is possible, merit-based is not so likely.

Reactions: 3 users
Definitely should still be need-based aid. I know WashU has given merit scholarships to students taken off the waitlist in the past.

VCU has a special scholarship for the last student accepted off the wait list every year (partial or maybe even full tuition). It was established by a very successful alumnus who was the last student accepted off the wait list many years ago.

Like many have said, though - need-based is possible, merit-based is not so likely.
Haha wow this is a really cool policy! Underdogs ftw!