PhD/PsyD Scholarships, Stipends, Grants, Etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xXIDaShizIXx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, since I will be applying to only funded Ph.D. program's and partially funded masters this year, if there are any grants, scholarships, stipends, work studies, etc. I should know about applying for with these applications. I just want to avoid taking out more loans at any cost. I'd rather scrape by without any more debt if possible (and even begin paying on the debt I have now if possible). I'm looking for anything to defray the cost of living or the remainder of what would be owed on the masters programs (if that ends up being the case). I am interested in working for the federal government, so anything VA, IHS, PHS, etc I'm open to. I didn't really know about grants, scholarships, last time when I applied to PsyD programs. Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

You can look into either mitary funding like hpsp, loan repayment for guard/reserve, or a program like IUP which while being mostly funded is not as competitive as a fully funded phd. Just my .02

You can look into either mitary funding like hpsp, loan repayment for guard/reserve, or a program like IUP which while being mostly funded is not as competitive as a fully funded phd. Just my .02

Yes, I applied when I was in my Psy.D. program and was put on the OML. I would have to be in my 2nd to 3rd year depending how long it took. I'm open to it again, but was looking towards civilian government opportunities.