Scholarships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TimmyTurner

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
im hoping everyone can post their scholarship offers with admission. I'm trying to get a sense of what is typical. Obviously it varies by school/merit. I'm chiefly interested in Barry U but they have the highest tuition of any of the pod schools. Tuition is 38k and I'm hoping I can get a scholarship that puts it to 30k.

Would this be an unreasonable expectation? I have fairly competitive stats.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
im hoping everyone can post their scholarship offers with admission. I'm trying to get a sense of what is typical. Obviously it varies by school/merit. I'm chiefly interested in Barry U but they have the highest tuition of any of the pod schools. Tuition is 38k and I'm hoping I can get a scholarship that puts it to 30k.

Would this be an unreasonable expectation? I have fairly competitive stats.

Temple- $5000
DMU- $4000 (can re-apply for it if I can be in top 25% of my class)

The earlier you apply, the better

Last edited:
The earlier in the cycle the higher chance of $$ with good stats. Remember to read the details of the scholarships schools offer. A lot of them are only for the first year and some require high stats (top 25, 4.0, etc) to receive the same or more money.

Members don't see this ad :)
Barry should've told you their range for incoming scholarships at the interview, or they will tell you if you haven't interviewed there yet. Finding out how much OTHER schools are offering OTHER people will just confuse the whole situation.

For some schools an $8000 scholarship isn't unreasonable if your stats are above average, from what I've been offered. But I don't know anything about Barry's scholarships in particular.

I was accepted at NYCPM and I had no scholarship offered. At Temple I was given $8000 so I'm not sure if there is rhyme or reason to it. They are the only schools I applied to.

$5000 at Barry, $5000 Kent, none at Scholl. Even with scholarship Barry had by far the highest total estimated cost.

I was accepted at NYCPM and I had no scholarship offered. At Temple I was given $8000 so I'm not sure if there is rhyme or reason to it. They are the only schools I applied to.
Temple makin it rainnnnnn

CSPM scholarships are $20,000 and $15,000 a year. You have to maintain a 3.0 GPA to keep them. If you are from a state which participates in WICHE (15k/year) you'll get a some help there too.

Nice, CSPM also makin' it rain.

CSPM scholarships are $20,000 and $15,000 a year. You have to maintain a 3.0 GPA to keep them. If you are from a state which participates in WICHE (15k/year) you'll get a some help there too.
Holy 20k... That's almost twice as much as I got. That's like half the tuition right??

Reactions: 1 users
$15-20k is bonkers. Congratuf*ckinglations to whoever snags that. I understand higher costs and everything, but still that's awesome. I know Barry and Kent will both go up to $10k/year. 1st year is stipulated gpa wise and years 2-4 are merit based. I know for years 2-4 Kent's scholarships are tiered to the top students. it's something like the top 10 get $10k, next 10 get $5k, and the next five get $2.5k....something like that. If you end up with $10k every year from Kent you'll be sitting real pretty at the end of 4 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, Temple goes up to $12000. $20000 is crazy.

Haven't posted in these forums before but I guess I have something to contribute here. I received scholarships from NY and Temple so I spent a considerable amount of time trying to decide between the two. I did not base my decision solely on scholarship, but it did factor in quite heavily. My main concern was that it seemed Temple scholarships dropped substantially after the first year... so I gave Dean Martin a call. Essentially Temple scholarships are front loaded. The top 10% of the class years 2-4 get an average of $8000 and the top two students in the class get around $11,000-12,0000. So, even though my offer from Temple was extremely generous, I would have to be in the top few students to keep it. On the other hand, NY gave me a little less but guaranteed the same amount over four years if I maintained a certain GPA with the option of getting more if I excel.
We will be going to school with many exceptional students all gunning for the tops spots in the class and top financial aid awards. I think I'll do well but I can't go ahead a guarantee that I'll be in the top 10 (out of ~100) and even more so, the top 2.
Again, Temple is very generous and I'm sure some of you will kick ass and keep what you are given. For me, I'm more comfortable with a slightly lower guarantee and then working my butt off to try and get some more.
Hope this helps.

Haven't posted in these forums before but I guess I have something to contribute here. I received scholarships from NY and Temple so I spent a considerable amount of time trying to decide between the two. I did not base my decision solely on scholarship, but it did factor in quite heavily. My main concern was that it seemed Temple scholarships dropped substantially after the first year... so I gave Dean Martin a call. Essentially Temple scholarships are front loaded. The top 10% of the class years 2-4 get an average of $8000 and the top two students in the class get around $11,000-12,0000. So, even though my offer from Temple was extremely generous, I would have to be in the top few students to keep it. On the other hand, NY gave me a little less but guaranteed the same amount over four years if I maintained a certain GPA with the option of getting more if I excel.
We will be going to school with many exceptional students all gunning for the tops spots in the class and top financial aid awards. I think I'll do well but I can't go ahead a guarantee that I'll be in the top 10 (out of ~100) and even more so, the top 2.
Again, Temple is very generous and I'm sure some of you will kick ass and keep what you are given. For me, I'm more comfortable with a slightly lower guarantee and then working my butt off to try and get some more.
Hope this helps.
More good info here. Just to add, the DMU scholarship I got is good for years 2-4 if I'm in the top 25% of the class. Not sure if that's the case with everybody, but I'd assume so.

I feel like my MCAT score really helped me out here. I received a small one from Kent, and a significant one from Temple.

Does anyone know what criteria Scholl has for giving out scholarships? And is it offered at the time of the acceptance email?

Does anyone know what criteria Scholl has for giving out scholarships? And is it offered at the time of the acceptance email?

Look in to Barry, it is an amazing school, with great potential, and you will be in Florida! Scholl is good, but its in Chicago, plus its always great to have support system in Florida

Incoming scholarship opportunities are largely based on MCAT score and GPA. They send the scholarship information within a week or so of the acceptance notification.

Barry. 10k per semester for 4 years. 40k total.