Scholl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

molldoll2010dpm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I would create a thread for Scholl students. I know there are a bunch of you out there, and I'm excited to meet the class of 2010 Aug 9th!!! I'm also excited to meet the rest of the students at the school. My new roomate is a second year podiatry student, so I'm starting to know my way around better.

I figured with our own Scholl thread we could discuss what's going on at our school and offer eachother help and advice. We'll see how it goes.

If there are any 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year students out there, can you explain to me how the class elections work?

Members don't see this ad.

molldoll2010dpm said:
I thought I would create a thread for Scholl students. I know there are a bunch of you out there, and I'm excited to meet the class of 2010 Aug 9th!!! I'm also excited to meet the rest of the students at the school. My new roomate is a second year podiatry student, so I'm starting to know my way around better.

I figured with our own Scholl thread we could discuss what's going on at our school and offer eachother help and advice. We'll see how it goes.

If there are any 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year students out there, can you explain to me how the class elections work?

Good to see a Scholl thread started. I just got settled into my apartment and am ready to meet all of you on the 9th.

molldoll2010dpm said:

Welcome to scholl!

Who is your roomate?

Election will be run by the IPMSA parliamentarian, with maybe some help from the ESC parliamentarian (myself). Basically, you sign up if you want run for something, and then one day during lunch, there will be a class meeting. Canidates will give statements and ballots will be turned in at the end of the meeting. Thats how we did it last year, but its really up to eht IPMSA par. (Shawn Norris) to decide how he wants to do it.

I look forward to seeing you guys on the 9th.

Also, if there are any of you that live in the Woodlands, feel free to stop by my place and say hi if I am in. I live in 05/108B.

Welcome again,
Jayan

Members don't see this ad :)
doclm said:
Good to see a Scholl thread started. I just got settled into my apartment and am ready to meet all of you on the 9th.

You guys made the right choice and will be very happy for it. Enjoy this week, it will be fun. I am an Ambassador so I will be seeing quite a bit of you. Feel free to ask me questions anytime. See ya soon.

Murray

MurrayButler said:
You guys made the right choice and will be very happy for it. Enjoy this week, it will be fun. I am an Ambassador so I will be seeing quite a bit of you. Feel free to ask me questions anytime. See ya soon.

Murray

Dont trust this guy... he is from Tenn. :eek:

jp, Murray. :p

UCI->Scholl said:
Welcome to scholl!

Who is your roomate?

Election will be run by the IPMSA parliamentarian, with maybe some help from the ESC parliamentarian (myself). Basically, you sign up if you want run for something, and then one day during lunch, there will be a class meeting. Canidates will give statements and ballots will be turned in at the end of the meeting. Thats how we did it last year, but its really up to eht IPMSA par. (Shawn Norris) to decide how he wants to do it.

I look forward to seeing you guys on the 9th.

Also, if there are any of you that live in the Woodlands, feel free to stop by my place and say hi if I am in. I live in 05/108B.

Welcome again,
Jayan

Hi Jayan,

I'm excited to meet you too!!! Thanks so much for the election info. I'm seriously considering running, it's totally something I'm into. My roomate is Judy Kleman. I'm livng in the on campus apartments in building 201. I love the apartment, but I haven't been there much because I've been out of town. I'm way excited to start and to take the first cut into a cadaver. What is the biochemistry pre-test like? Anyways, I will see you on the 9th and maybe on this thread we can all come up with amazing and wonderful ideas for the future of Scholl!!

Molly

doclm said:

:) Starting on the 9th. I know I'm a big dork, but I love school and learning. I'm excited to see all the opportunities Scholl has waiting for us!!!!

MurrayButler said:

Murray

I have a question. How does the whole Anatomy lab work. I know there are groups, but I'm not sure how they work.

So, I moved on campus last week and the guy who scans the computers for viruses was absolutely ridiculous. He wasn't there half the time he was supposed to be, and expected people to leave their computers overnight or a couple of nights. I just got my computer, a beautiful mac laptop, and there is no way I was leaving it there. Can anyone else do the virus scan and give you access to the internet. Because I love the internet and the student doctor forums.....Any advice from you wonderful upperclassman??????? :D

molldoll2010dpm said:
Hi Jayan,

I'm excited to meet you too!!! Thanks so much for the election info. I'm seriously considering running, it's totally something I'm into. My roomate is Judy Kleman. I'm livng in the on campus apartments in building 201. I love the apartment, but I haven't been there much because I've been out of town. I'm way excited to start and to take the first cut into a cadaver. What is the biochemistry pre-test like? Anyways, I will see you on the 9th and maybe on this thread we can all come up with amazing and wonderful ideas for the future of Scholl!!

Molly

the biochem pretest is very easy and is basically like the notes the school sent you. Nothing to worry about.

For anoto9my lab, you will be broken down into groups and assigned a cadaver. You then all work on it together, don't worry too much, there is more to it, but it is all wonderfully explained by dr. mannion. As for your comp.. i have no idea.

UCI->Scholl said:
the biochem pretest is very easy and is basically like the notes the school sent you. Nothing to worry about.

For anoto9my lab, you will be broken down into groups and assigned a cadaver. You then all work on it together, don't worry too much, there is more to it, but it is all wonderfully explained by dr. mannion. As for your comp.. i have no idea.

Thanks for the info. I need my comp, or no more SDN forums!!! :eek:

molldoll2010dpm said:
Thanks for the info. I need my comp, or no more SDN forums!!! :eek:

Molly,
Don't know if I met you today at the Big/Little event but I am glad that you are so excited. Hopefully you will come out tomorrow and I can meet you.

Meghan, Class of 2009

drmeggo said:
Molly,
Don't know if I met you today at the Big/Little event but I am glad that you are so excited. Hopefully you will come out tomorrow and I can meet you.

Meghan, Class of 2009

Hi Meghan,

I don't think I met you yesterday. I didn't go out last night, and I won't be out tonight or friday. Essentially I worked my butt off this summer and I have a ton of stuff to get done before school next week. I still have unpacking, work, ect..... It kinda sucks, but I did it to myself and you know how priorities go. Hopefully I will run into you soon. I plan on joining a bunch of orgs and I'll definately be around. I'm in building 201!!! Hope school is going great.

Molly

Members don't see this ad :)
Are all of you SCPM students getting fired up to start classes this Monday? :thumbup:

Currently I am trying to get all of my notes, scrubs, and school supplies organized for the start of next week. Although this will be a challenging year, I believe it can be very rewarding.

What did all of you think about the biomedical sciences pre-exam? I thought it wasn't too bad considering all the info that I have not yet learned. This test will be a breeze in a couple years.

See Ya

P1's are going down at softball game today!!!

molldoll2010dpm said:
I had to work, so I couldn't go!!! :( what was the result?

Yeah...

I didn't go either. I thought it would give P2's an advantage if I showed up to play. Well I kinda suck when it comes to sports. However, I do look forward class on Monday, cannot wait to cut into the cadaver. :D

See you on Monday

doclm said:
Yeah...

I didn't go either. I thought it would give P2's an advantage if I showed up to play. Well I kinda suck when it comes to sports. However, I do look forward class on Monday, cannot wait to cut into the cadaver. :D

See you on Monday

I can't wait to start, after a three day boring orientation I'm ready to go. Right now I'm trying to figure out how I'm NOT going to smell like cadaver after I leave the lab. I printed out all the notes, but didn't have anything to put them in, so I have a HUGE stack of papers sitting in the back seat of my car right now.

Hi all,
I'm also in the Scholl Class 2010 and can't wait to start classes tomorrow. It's exciting to be finally starting professional school... it's what we all work so hard to get into right?!? Well after orientation and from hearing the advice of the P2's, I must say I am a little anxious about our first year. It's going to be a tough year but hopefully very rewarding and lots of FUN... Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and I hope to meet you all in the next couple days.

~Daphne

luvscholl2010 said:
Hi all,
I'm also in the Scholl Class 2010 and can't wait to start classes tomorrow. It's exciting to be finally starting professional school... it's what we all work so hard to get into right?!? Well after orientation and from hearing the advice of the P2's, I must say I am a little anxious about our first year. It's going to be a tough year but hopefully very rewarding and lots of FUN... Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and I hope to meet you all in the next couple days.

~Daphne

Hey Daphne,

I think I met you at orientation, but we'll have 4 years to get to know each other very well!!! See you sometime this week. I'm totally going to be sitting in the 1st or 2nd row for lecture, otherwise my mind drifts.

Molly

Any 2010's want to do a study group sometime late this week like Thursday evening? We can quiz eachother and stuff. Even though it's only 3% of our grade, I totally want to get off to a good start. If you do, just let me know. Either in class or on the wonderful SDN.

luvscholl2010 said:
Hi all,

~Daphne

Hey Daphne,

Good to see you on here. I believe that I met you during orientation. All of our classes pack a lot of info in a short period of time. However, the professors are absolutely great at teaching students. They are far better than what I had in my undergrad state school. I am glad to be in the full swing of classes now, I was unsure what to expect.

See you around,

Luke

Hi Luke,
I agree. The first few days of classes have not been as bad as I expected... just a lot of review. The professors are all really great and seem extremely approachable (a huge change from undergrad.). Anyway, I'm really bad with names so introduce yourself to me in class sometime.

~Daphne