school contacting you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

josh123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you guys know if all schools contact you when they receive your completed application from ptcas? My ptcas was mailed out on 12/15 and so far one 1 school (Scranton) emailed me saying that they received my application.

Members don't see this ad.

Schools will typically contact you once they receive your application. I know that some people on this forum have reported not hearing anything from there schools for 3-6 months after there application was submitted. It may depend on each school's admissions process. It does not hurt to be proactive in order to make sure that a school has received your stuff. I also know that it depends on if the school has rolling admissions or not. Those schools tend to have later application deadlines. If you don't hear back from your other schools in what you consider a reasonable time, then shoot them a little friendly email asking whether they have your info or not.

I believe that PTCAS states it could take up to 5 weeks before they "mail" your application to your designated programs so do not be concerned at this point. My experience is that all the programs you apply to send you an email stating they have received your app.