School flexibility with a "different" Pre-Req (2000 vs 3/4000 microbio)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GSUgrad23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story short, I flip-flopped during my undergrad from chem to accounting a few times, and I ended up taking " Bio 2300: Microbiology and Public Health" (3 semester hrs) & the corresponding lab, "Bio 2310: Fundamental Microbiology Lab" (1 semester hr).....bringing my total micro hrs to 4 hrs, which is the requirement for several of the schools to which I am applying. My degree is in accounting, and when I came back for dentistry I just didn't have the time for a different micro class (applying for 2015, started pre-reqs fall 2013).

I will be contacting the schools to check if they will allow a 2000 lvl microbio class to satisfy the microbiology requirement.

I am posting this thread because I wanted to ask/check if anyone on this forum has attempted this with micro, or another class before, and whether or not the school allowed it. My impression of this whole process is that while many schools have similar requirements, the flexibility with pre-reqs/letters is individual to the school in question.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got off the phone with Tennessee (my 1st interview school as well) and they said that the 2000 lvl micro class would be fine. I guess I'll just start calling down my list of schools that need micro now.....