MD School List: 3.7 cGPA 515 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

almostthere5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a very solid application. Keep boosting the volunteering experience, particularly with the less fortunate.

As for your list, it looks good. Brown is so low yield due to taking 60% of their class IS that there are much better reach type options. Only apply to Southern Illinois if you are from the central/southern part of state(ie south of I-180 corridor away from Chicago).

Since you are IS, throw in Rosalind also. Between Rush, Loyola, Rosalind and Illinois that provides 4 very solid IS options. Medical College Wisconsin, Creighton, Wake Forest, Hofstra, Rochester are all good places to apply to. That brings you to 9 schools. I would give consideration to Saint Louis as well. That makes 10.

As for your last 10, a couple reaches, some lower tiers, and some medium tier types would be a good list. NYMC, Eastern Virginia, Vermont and VCU can serve as lower tier types. Some more competitive schools that might be worth consideration: Emory, USC, Einstein, May0(maybe), Duke(maybe), Case Western, Wisconsin(maybe), Iowa(maybe). It wouldn't hurt to call public schools OOS to ask about whether you are competitive; in particular I know Iowa has been known to give pretty specific advice to OOS applicants about whether they can be competitive.

Reactions: 1 users
100% agree and suggest adding U Cincy, U Toldo and IU to the list.

You have a very solid application. Keep boosting the volunteering experience, particularly with the less fortunate.

As for your list, it looks good. Brown is so low yield due to taking 60% of their class IS that there are much better reach type options. Only apply to Southern Illinois if you are from the central/southern part of state(ie south of I-180 corridor away from Chicago).

Since you are IS, throw in Rosalind also. Between Rush, Loyola, Rosalind and Illinois that provides 4 very solid IS options. Medical College Wisconsin, Creighton, Wake Forest, Hofstra, Rochester are all good places to apply to. That brings you to 9 schools. I would give consideration to Saint Louis as well. That makes 10.

As for your last 10, a couple reaches, some lower tiers, and some medium tier types would be a good list. NYMC, Eastern Virginia, Vermont and VCU can serve as lower tier types. Some more competitive schools that might be worth consideration: Emory, USC, Einstein, May0(maybe), Duke(maybe), Case Western, Wisconsin(maybe), Iowa(maybe). It wouldn't hurt to call public schools OOS to ask about whether you are competitive; in particular I know Iowa has been known to give pretty specific advice to OOS applicants about whether they can be competitive.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I definitely meant to have Rosalind Franklin on there, that was an oversight