MD & DO school list - 3.92 GPA, 90-100% new MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gjh94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
--

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
your MCAT is probably a 35+. your ECs are a little lacking, but stats-wise you are a top-shelf applicant. you can apply to pretty much anywhere you want

thank you for your response! i'm really concerned about my lack of EC's as well, and i'm wondering how significantly it will impact my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm really concerned about my lack of EC's as well, and i'm wondering how significantly it will impact my application.

Honesly, the EC's don't seem that bad. I think you should apply early with strong primary and secondaries and cast a wide net, and you have a really good chance of getting in so long as interviews go well.

Honesly, the EC's don't seem that bad. I think you should apply early with strong primary and secondaries and cast a wide net, and you have a really good chance of getting in so long as interviews go well.

awesome, thank you! i'm planning on submitting my primary the first day possible so hopefully that helps me out as well.

Make sure it's a strong, well-prepared application. Don't feel pressured into submitting on the first day, just get it out early. Quality matters more.

Make sure it's a strong, well-prepared application. Don't feel pressured into submitting on the first day, just get it out early. Quality matters more.

How early is early? (Sorry for going off-topic.)

How early is early?
Within 3 weeks is probably early, but I'm no expert. After that, apps probably come pouring in and the verification takes a long time.

That said, if you've given considerable time to perfect your app before the first possible submission date (it opens ~1 month early?), there is nothing wrong with submitting it within the first week, or even the first day. Just gotta make sure it represents you as well as possible.

there's nothing you can do in 3 weeks that will swing you one way or another. start filling out your AMCAS primary today, submit day 1, and you are set

This new mcat percentile thing is gonna be annoying.

Reactions: 2 users
Well I feel like 90-100th percentile can be equivalent to anything from ~32 all the way to 45. Lol so the prelim score report hasn't told you much. I mean a 32 is a lot different than a 36 for top 25 schools. Well, at least you know you're well in range for MD schools and probably don't need to fill out the DO app.

the percentiles are definitely much less helpful than i would have liked. i'm basing my schools list on a 33 and praying it isn't below that...

Well I feel like 90-100th percentile can be equivalent to anything from ~32 all the way to 45. Lol so the prelim score report hasn't told you much. I mean a 32 is a lot different than a 36 for top 25 schools. Well, at least you know you're well in range for MD schools and probably don't need to fill out the DO app.