MD School List? 3.95 and 90-100% preliminary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emar2301

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Missouri resident and will be graduating with a Biology degree (minor in psych).
cGPA: 3.95
sGPA: 3.95

Preliminary June MCAT scores
Chem/Phys: 82-97%
CARS: 85-100%
Bio/Biochem: 85-100%
Psych/Soc: 85-100%
Overall: 90-100%

I have 200 hours of shadowing, worked 15 hours per week during school, and solid leadership and community service experiences. I have a little bio research experience, did a summer research program at a local ER, and have some really involved psych research experience

Schools I have so far are:

Northwestern
Duke
Dartmouth
Vanderbilt
Baylor
Boston University
Cornell
Georgetown
U of Colorado
Michigan
Mizzou
SLU

I'm hesitant to apply to Yale, Johns Hopkins, Penn, WashU, and U Chicago because of not knowing my final score. It makes choosing a little tricky. Any thoughts on those or suggestions on additional schools/schools to remove would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

It really does depend on your MCAT if you're deciding to apply top heavy. I'd probably ditch Gtown (and maybe colorado too) and add some other mid-tiers: Einstein, Rochester, Miami, Wake Forest, USC

Also I'd look into these on top of the other schools you're considering: Sinai, NYU, Columbia, Pitt, Case Western, Emory

If your MCAT comes out at 518+ then you are set with a list like yours.

Due to the unpredictable range, My conservative list is as follows. The higher your actual score, the higher up the pole you should climb.

U VM

USF Morsani (maybe)

Miami

St. Louis

Albany

Albert Einstein

Rochester

Rush

Rosy Franklin

BU

Hofstra

NYMC

VCU

EVMS

Wake Forest

Jefferson

Temple

Drexel

Creighton

George Washington

Emory

USC/Keck

Tulane

Loyola

Creighton

Any new MD school. Skip Central MI and the three new FL schools.

Your state school(s).

Any DO program