School list and chances....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Relax!

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would really appreciate if you guys could comment on my school list and chances of getting into a medical school this cycle.
Maryland resident; Asian female; went to state's flagship college for undergrad; graduated this year; majored in biochemistry
GPA: 3.82, BCPM GPA: 3.77, MCAT: 33 (PS-9, VR-10, BS-14) <-- the 9 in PS worries me, but won't retake (at least for this cycle)...I really don't want to delay applying any later.
I submitted my primary beginning of July and got verified. Applied to state's MD school and added more schools after getting back MCAT scores a couple of days ago. So now my school list stands at:
1.University of Maryland SOM (completed secondary)
2.George Washington (received secondary)
3.Georgetown--
4.Hopkins--applying just because it is my dream school...although chances are slim
5.Rosalind Franklin (received secondary)
6.Albany
7.Einstein
8.New York Medical College
9.University of Toledo
10.Drexel
11.Jefferson
12.Temple (received secondary)
13.Cooper Rowan (public school in NJ-so I am OOS) (received secondary)
14.Virginia Tech-Carillion (screening for secondary)
15.Brown

ECs are good: both clinical/non-clinical experiences, research, paid employment, teaching experiences, some honors/awards (Phi beta kappa) etc. Multilingual and an interesting international life history/background, but won't be considered URM or underprivileged. LORs should be good I think.

What are my chances? Should I consider adding other schools, or is this list fine?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have 8 schools where you have a fair to good chance of an interview. Add another 4 and you should be ok.

Thanks gyngyn, if you don't mind me asking, could you please suggest names of schools that would be helpful to add? Also, which schools would most likely want to interview me?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks gyngyn, if you don't mind me asking, could you please suggest names of schools that would be helpful to add? Also, which schools would most likely want to interview me?
I'm pretty sure you can guess! Focus on private schools in nearby states with median stats near yours for the biggest boost. Or schools in states where you are already applying, e.g. Rush, Loyola...

Does anyone have anything else to add? I would still like feedback!

Some of the newer medical schools would be worth applying to:Quinnipiac, Oakland Beaumont, Western Michigan. Also consider applying to Loyola, Rush, St. Louis, Creighton.