School list for 507 MCAT, 3.77 GPA Idaho Resident. Private MD schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RopingDoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am struggling to choose schools outside of my region to apply to (UW, Utah, PNWU DO school). Any ideas?
Info:
3.77 GPA
507 MCAT
roughly 100 hours shadowing IM/Pathology
Finishing up EMT certification next week, will soon begin volunteering as an EMT and or working as an ER tech.
250ish volunteer hours- Church, Tutoring, Helping Middle school kids with reading problems.
Involved with a 2 week Haiti mission trip (non-medical)
Many achievements as a competitive team roper in national/regional rodeo events. (Hoping this makes me stand out)
Very strong letters of recc from Physicians and Professors who know me very well. (I come from a small undergrad institution, therefore I have close connections with my professors.)

Here is my list:
University of Washington WWAMI
University of Utah
PNWU (DO)
Rocky Vista (DO)
Oregon Health
Loma Linda ( I graduated from a christian school.)
Creighton
Nevada
Loyola Stritch
Cal north state
Tufts
Rosalind Franklin

I would like to add some private MD schools that are receptive of OOS applicants (Idaho). Any ideas? I would greatly appreciate any input.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You could add these schools:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Vermont
Also add a few more DO schools

Members don't see this ad :)
You could add these schools:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Vermont
Also add a few more DO schools
Thank you! What DO schools would you suggest? Are there any that have their own teaching hospital like MD schools?

This is the only US MD school I cannot recommend.

I'm in the same boat as OP as an Idaho resident with a similar MCAT score. Are there any other public or private schools (not already listed) that will be Idaho friendly?

By Oregon Health, do you mean OHSU? If so, they have a minimum OOS state MCAT screen of 513.

Maybe add:
West Virginia U
Virginia Commonwealth U
EVMS

Utah has historically reserved 8 spots for Idaho residents each year as long as they still do add it. Best odds will be there and U of Wash.
Pay attention to what happens at Wash St and if they end up opening up later this cycle. New school right on the Idaho border worth adding if available.
You can get a rough idea of how poeple in the past did with your GPA/MCAT specifically at U of Wash
http://www.uwmedicine.org/education/md-program/admissions/faqs/gpa-and-mcat

Last edited: