School list for low MCAT <24

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

go1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First, I was planning on only applying to DO schools, but I got the fee waiver for up to 14 MD schools. So I might as well use it.

Also, I'm planning a retake in July, though I don't expect my score will be more than a 30.

Would like a list of schools that I have a shot at. Especially MD schools since I know more about my options in the DO realm.

Some backround info: Applied last cycle to only 4 DO schools. 2 interviews, 2 waitlists. With a 22 MCAT. 3.65 gpa. Az resident.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Save your postage money, because you'll be autorejected from all of them. You muist raise that MCAT score to >30 to be competetive for MD schools.

22 is barely acceptable for DO programs; you'd be autorejcted from mine and others.

First, I was planning on only applying to DO schools, but I got the fee waiver for up to 14 MD schools. So I might as well use it.

Also, I'm planning a retake in July, though I don't expect my score will be more than a 30.

Would like a list of schools that I have a shot at. Especially MD schools since I know more about my options in the DO realm.

Some backround info: Applied last cycle to only 4 DO schools. 2 interviews, 2 waitlists. With a 22 MCAT. 3.65 gpa. Az resident.

Thanks.

I'm quite aware of my position... I simply asked for a list of schools that have the lowest average MCATS....

22 is barely acceptable for DO programs; you'd be autorejcted from mine and others.

Applied to 4 DO schools last cycle, 50% offered me interviews, 50% waitlists.

Members don't see this ad :)
So far my school list is:

MD: All state schools
Loma linda
Bethesda
~10 others which I have yet to decide lol

DO:
kycom
AT Still AZ
Dcom
Acom

So far my school list is:

MD: All state schools
Loma linda
Bethesda
~10 others which I have yet to decide lol

DO:
kycom
AT Still AZ
Dcom
Acom

Are you an URM AA? If not, save your time and energy in retaking the MCAT... I am kind of puzzled that you were able to get two interviews last cycle... May be the other stuff in your app are stellar.

Are you an URM AA? If not, save your time and energy in retaking the MCAT... I am kind of puzzled that you were able to get two interviews last cycle... May be the other stuff in your app are stellar.

Nope I'm white.

Yes, I'm sure my EC's are in the top 10% of all applicants...and my letters are as solid as can be.

I'm not the only one though, I spoke with another member a few months back with the same score that had 5 DO interviews. Makes me wonder if I would have gotten more had I applied to more than 4 schools.

But yes, I definately do need to improve my MCAT. and am currntly studying hard for my retake. I'm just preparing for the worst in the mean time.