School List Help - 3.7 cGPA, 3.65 sGPA, 521 MCAT, OR resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orangecow11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.7 cGPA, 3.65 sGPA in Bioengineering at top school
521 MCAT
OR resident

My stats are above. I've primarily been involved in research: 3.5 years through bioengineering department and 1.25 years at leading biotech company.
I'll have 3 great recs from research and hopefully one more from clinical volunteering (200+ hours).

Besides OHSU, what other schools should I consider? I don't think I'm quite at top-tier school level (unless you guys think so!), but I'm sure I'll include some in my list.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you can apply top tier. You're not a lock there or anything, but nobody is and you'll have a chance.

Invest in MSAR. Target some schools with an MCAT in your range. Target some in the 33-35 range(that take at least 20% OOS). That should make up most of your list. Pay attention to schools 90th percentile MCATs: if you are significantly above it and that school gets hoards of apps, probably not the best use of an app. These guidelines should be enough to give you at least 30 schools which you can narrow down accordingly.

You can come up with the big names on your own. I'll leave you with some non top 20 options to consider.

Emory
Hofstra
Einstein
Va Tech
Wake Forest
Miami
Rochester
Ohio State
UVA
Stony Brook
U of Iowa

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Aim high.

Start with the four Manhatten Titans.

3.7 cGPA, 3.65 sGPA in Bioengineering at top school
521 MCAT
OR resident

My stats are above. I've primarily been involved in research: 3.5 years through bioengineering department and 1.25 years at leading biotech company.
I'll have 3 great recs from research and hopefully one more from clinical volunteering (200+ hours).

Besides OHSU, what other schools should I consider? I don't think I'm quite at top-tier school level (unless you guys think so!), but I'm sure I'll include some in my list.

Thanks in advance!