MD & DO School list help and chances. Please help!! Mcat taken twice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Itsarainbow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm fairly new to this website but I help compiling a school list after retaking my mcat

Gpa: 3.42
Mcat: attempt #1: 499 (126, 123, 126, 124)
I was really disappointed in my score because I was doing much better on the practice exams but I just froze up during the exam due to test anxiety.
Attempt #2: 513 (129, 126, 130, 128)

EC: 150 hours at rehabilition/hospital. facilitiy
20 hours of shadowing a MD
3 years of research (got a LOR under the professor (MD/Phd) I was working under for 2 out of the 3 years
100 hours at a community zoo
20 hours volunteer at school

I have a chance to get a letter from the main professor who ran the lab but considering that I mostly worked under the professor who I mentioned, is it even worth to get another letter from the same research facility?

Also I'm late in the process of applying. I just got my score backs on Tuesday and will submit my primaries by the end of this week.

I don't mind going to DO schools but I don't want it to stop me from getting into a potential residency that I like. Do you think DO chances are limited at competitive residency, especially considering the allopathic and osteopathic merger happening by 2020?

What schools will I be competitive for?

Thank you guys

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry I forgot to post

DO:
Touro CA
Touro NV
AZCOM
ATSU-SOMA
LECOM
Western

MD:
Northgate
New York Medical College
Tulane

What schools should I add/take off?
I'm I too late to send in my primaries to MD schools?

I also want to mention that I had somewhat a upward trend. My first 2 years I had 0 dean's honor list. 3rd year, 1 dean's honor list. 4th years, 2 dean's honor list. Our school, UC Irvine, was on a quarter system.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You are competitive for most DO schools with your stats. Add a few more DO schools to your application. For MD consider these schools in addition to the ones you already have:
Quinnipiac
Vermont
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Creighton
GW

Reactions: 1 user
eee3333222www222222222wwwwwwwwwww2222Quinnipiac
Vermont
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
GW[/QUOTE]

eee3333222www222222222wwwwwwwwwww2222Quinnipiac
Vermont
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
GW
[/QUOTE]

Thank you Faha
I plan on sending in my primary before August ends. Will that be fine?

Thank you Faha
I plan on sending in my primary before August ends. Will that be fine?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but submit those secondaries as soon as possible.

Hello gyngyn

Can I also please recieve your input into this discussion? I'm really grateful for the time up guys are taking to respond.
Northstate has chosen to deny its students access to federal loans and payback mechanisms. This shows me that they put their own financial interests ahead of their students.
NY Med, Drexel and GW receive more than 10K applications per year. RFU also gets a boatload of applications for the relatively few positions available to those outside of special programs.
Jefferson is famous for averaging MCATs

Tulane has been known to interview candidates in your situation.
MCW and Creighton are good choices.

Reactions: 1 user