School List- Help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OUstudent25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA,sGPA: 3.45,3.30
OKLA Resident
MCAT: Taking in July hoping for 32+
Decent EC's
URM: African-American Male

School List:
PCOM – Philadelphia
PCOM – Georgia
OSU – Oklahoma State
DMU -Des Moines
A.T. Still – Mesa, Arizona
A.T. Still – Kirksville, MO
AZCOM – Glendale AZ

since I'm not taking MCAT till July 6th, how should I go about applying and what are everyone's thought on my list. I'm more interested in doing D.O. But people tell me to apply M.D. So I am doing that as well. Any advice would be great! Thanks SDNers

Members don't see this ad.

cGPA,sGPA: 3.45,3.30
OKLA Resident
MCAT: Taking in July hoping for 32+
Decent EC's
URM: African-American Male

School List:
PCOM – Philadelphia
PCOM – Georgia
OSU – Oklahoma State
DMU -Des Moines
A.T. Still – Mesa, Arizona
A.T. Still – Kirksville, MO
AZCOM – Glendale AZ

since I'm not taking MCAT till July 6th, how should I go about applying and what are everyone's thought on my list. I'm more interested in doing D.O. But people tell me to apply M.D. So I am doing that as well. Any advice would be great! Thanks SDNers

I would apply MD as well. There are some MD schools that are biased towards accepting African American students and if you hit 30+ on the MCAT, you will be above their average acceptance stats. You should check out the MSAR book to see which MD schools to apply to.

As for DO schools, you shouldn't have much trouble at all. Good luck!

Thanks!! You know anything about the schools on my school list?

Thanks!! You know anything about the schools on my school list?

I think you list is fine. For now, focus on your MCAT. A 30+ would make you competitive at both MD/DO schools. Again, definitely check out the MSAR book!