MD School List - NonTrad, Unstructured PostBacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NonTradWarrior

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There are too many OOS schools on your list with respect to your MCAT score. I would remove the TX schools, UC-Davis, OHSU (which won't look at students who have a MCAT below 32, I believe), etc.

What's your score breakdown?

There are too many OOS schools on your list with respect to your MCAT score. I would remove the TX schools, UC-Davis, OHSU (which won't look at students who have a MCAT below 32, I believe), etc.

What's your score breakdown?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
At a minimum, delete:
UCLA
UNC

Emory (in consideration of your desires)
Wisconsin - Madison
OHSU

Iowa
Brown
Maryland
UC - Davis

UF
UAB
Miami
Indiana U
Wake Forest
Illinois
Temple
UT - Houston
UConn

GWU
Thomas Jefferson
Kentucky
VCU
USF
UT - San Antonio
UT - Austin

UCF
FIU
FAU

Reactions: 1 user
I think these are more reasonable:

Wake Forest
Temple
Thomas Jefferson
VCU
USF
UCF
FIU
FAU
FSU
Nova
Netter
TCMC
VCU
EVMS
Albany
NYMC
LECOM-BR
All other DO schools.

Reactions: 1 users
@Goro and @gyngyn provided excellent advice.

While you are looking primarily at scores, remember that those scores include both in-state and out-of-state matriculated/accepted students. Therefore, as an OOS applicant, your MCAT score should be higher than the average score for OOS public schools.

For instance, it has been stated on SDN that OHSU has a minimum score of a 32 for OOS applicants, but they presumably accepted in-state students with a score of a 28. In addition, there are regional preferences/a strong in-state bias for most OOS programs. For example, Texas programs are notoriously unfriendly to OOS applicants due to their strict requirements of 85-90% of their class being residents of Texas. Therefore, I would be wary of applying to a school in Texas without residency unless my stats were extraordinary. The 29 on the MCAT, unfortunately, would restrict you from that category.