School list please advise! (reward inside)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meatie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There is some great basic science neuro research at Rowan (formerly UMDNJ SOM), check out Dr Robert Nagele, he developed a test for Alzheimer's and Parkinson's that is very promising and got grants from Michael J Fox Foundation. Good luck, any questions about Rowan PM - I just graduated last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
^ agreed. You are solid for any DO school as well as low and mid-tier MD.

Thank you guys for your replies! I'm guessing my list is okay for my wants from a school?

I will definitely PM you later with questions about Rowan, Beth!

I removed TCOM and UNECOM because they have regional preferences. You'll get a solid education at any of the schools on your list, so based upon nearby attractions, I would suggest

AT Still (Arizona)
AZCOM (Arizona)
Western (California)
Touro (California)
Western (Oregon)
Rocky Vista (Colorado)
Touro (NY)
MUCOM (IN)
Nova Southeastern (Florida)
Chicago (Illinois)
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)

No

I feel like a lot of my extracurriculars are a bit short in duration. Do you guys think that this will significantly hurt my application?

I removed TCOM and UNECOM because they have regional preferences. You'll get a solid education at any of the schools on your list, so based upon nearby attractions, I would suggest

AT Still (Arizona)
AZCOM (Arizona)
Western (California)
Touro (California)
Western (Oregon)
Rocky Vista (Colorado)
Touro (NY)
MUCOM (IN)
Nova Southeastern (Florida)
Chicago (Illinois)
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)

No

I feel like a lot of my extracurriculars are a bit short in duration. Do you guys think that this will significantly hurt my application?

"Regional Preferences" tend to disappear when you show up with a 33 MCAT.