School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkkings13

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

what do you guys think of this list? I have a 3.35 GPA with 19AA, 20TS,20PAT. Cali Resident

USC
Western
Loma Linda
UCSF
NYU
LECOM
Tufts
ASDOH
UNLV
Temple
Boston

Any input would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

Since you have ASDOH on the list, you may want to consider Midwestern as well. I have very similar stats and was accepted to two of the schools on your list. I am sure you will have a good cycle!

Might want to switch ASDOH with Midwestern az. Unless you have tons of underserved community service like 500 hrs min. Maybe add roseman.

Members don't see this ad :)
You probably should remove UCSF and replace it with a private school, such as Roseman or Midwestern AZ.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the advice everyone! I will def add Roseman. I only added UCSF bc I got accepted to their 2 day competitive program back in april and they told me to apply lol. For Midwestern AZ, if I have not yet taken anatomy &physiology, will they not accept my application?

And @AMilman, how early did you apply? I really want to get in USC!

Last edited:
Loma Linda? Are you very religious? I've heard they ask for a religious LOR and they require attending Mass and religious classes every week, precisely why I took it off my list!

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will def add Roseman. I only added UCSF bc I got accepted to their 2 day competitive program back in april and they told me to apply lol. For Midwestern AZ, if I have not yet taken anatomy &physiology, will they not accept my application?

And @AMilman, how early did you apply? I really want to get in USC!
My application was mailed in late June but complete in mid August, I believe August 16th. One of my LORs took their sweet time. As far as USC goes, it seems you have the right stats to get an interview! Their interview process is very different from the others I went to, and usually start and continue later in the cycle than other schools. My interview was in late Feb, so don't panic if you don't get a pre Dec interview. Confidence and social skills are paramount, so be polite and professional, but not shy! I was accepted to Midwestern with incomplete pre reqs, so that will not prevent you from being accepted, but be sure to complete them if you realistically want to go there. Let me know if you have any more questions! Best of luck!

@AMilman , thanks for the input. Can you give me your list of schools where you applied? :)

Loma Linda? Are you very religious? I've heard they ask for a religious LOR and they require attending Mass and religious classes every week, precisely why I took it off my list!
Is this true? My wife wants me to apply there because she likes the idea of Cali, however, I don't think I would be able to put up with the "unscientific" part of it.

Yes it is true. If you are not religious, it is very unlikely that Loma Linda will accept you. They give exceptional preference to applicants who are SDA. It is a faith-based education system and they promote faith-based dentistry. Although you can fake your way in ( which the dean admits that people do), mass is still mandatory. However, the dean also noted that some students who do not care for the mass will just go there to study.

Is this true? My wife wants me to apply there because she likes the idea of Cali, however, I don't think I would be able to put up with the "unscientific" part of it.

Yes they require a spiritual leader lor

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What is "faith based" dentistry - pray the cavities away?

are you mocking religion? not cool bro.

I don't think he meant it maliciously. I'm also curious as to what, exactly, "faith-based dentistry" (as opposed to "regular" dentistry) would entail. And I'm a Christian. :)

Thanks for the support, Glimmer, but it was meant maliciously.

ROFL. sorry. I don't think loma linda ever actually said faith based dentistry. I just mashed a bunch of key words together and called it a day. :roflcopter:It is DEFINITELY, however, a faith-based school. Which just means they place heavy emphasis on religious values.