School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentdocftw

M4
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Need help assembling a school list ASAP
So I'm making a succinct description

MCAT 3x
28, 28, 514 (equiv to 33)
GPA: 3.67c, 3.58s, believe it or not, Summa Cum Laude at my institution
Ecs: Plenty of clinical (300+ hrs clinical volunteering, 200+ ED Scribe, 75+ hours nonclinical volunteering, 45 hrs shadowing various specialties, various organizations in college), no research though
Will have 5 LOR on app, 3 from undergrad, 1 from volunteering, 1 from physician

Key aspects of app:
No research, so looking for schools that don't "require" it
3 MCATs, I know this isn't necessarily good a thing, but I did persist through my 2 lower scores, and significantly improved (from 67% to 91% this last MCAT)
GA Resident, need help on OOS schools
Attended top10 public university, notorious for grade deflation
not URM
Reapplicant

Plans for time being: Continue to work as ED scribe, maybe pursue an additional physician letter, not sure additional shadowing is necessary as I "shadow" in the ED everyday, but may look to follow hospitalist or something.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Mercer
MCG
Wake
U Miami
The Philly Triplets
NYMC
Albany
Rochester
Hofstra
Loyola
Tulane
Rush
Creighton
Tufts
BU
Western MMI
OaklandB
MCW
SLU
Any DO school, starting with PCOM-GA

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiousity @Goro, how would you interpret the disparity in subsection scores for my new mcat? 99%/70%/97%/75%.

I doubt it will be an issue. VR gets cut the most slack.

One can hope..also, hope multiple MCATs aren't a huge issue. (hope they attribute my score to persistence vs. luck..but then again..it IS a new test..so persistence is the way to go ;) )

Some schools avg., some superscore and some take the most recent.

Would you say the averaging schools are in the minority? Or is this a preference that isn't necessarily divulged?

Don't know. Individual interviewers are also a confounder.

Hmm..well thanks again for everything. Last question, any "reaches" you could suggest? Or are those included in the list?

Thought I would update my cycle.
Due to $$$, I limited myself to 15 schools. Submitted secondaries to:

Rochester
Mercer
Drexel
Tufts
Penn State
Rosalind Franklin
VCU
Tulane
MCG
Quinnipiac
Albany
St. Louis
Hofstra
Beaumont
Temple

So far my state schools have shown me love, with 2 IIs to Mercer and MCG
Got a hold from Albany
No flat out rejections so far, so there is a silver lining in silence from everywhere else!

Any thoughts on my final list?

Last edited:
Thought I would update my cycle.
Due to $$$, I limited myself to 15 schools. Submitted secondaries to:

Rochester
Mercer
Drexel
Tufts
Penn State
Rosalind Franklin
VCU
Tulane
MCG
Quinnipiac
Albany
St. Louis
Hofstra
Beaumont
Temple

So far my state schools have shown me love, with 2 IIs to Mercer and MCG
Got a hold from Albany
No flat out rejections so far, so there is a silver lining in silence from everywhere else!

Any thoughts on my final list?

You'll be fine. If I'm not mistake Medical College of Georgia accepts over half the people they interview, I think actually it might be a good bit over 50%. Have a solid interview, you'll have a good shot. All the rest is gravy in terms of OOS apps.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah MCG is definitely my #1 choice. Just wanted to cover my bases in terms of applying to some OOS that I thought I had a decent chance at receiving an II. I guess I'll play the wait game for the OOS schools. :shrug: