School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnnyabi1187

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Was wondering if you could give me advice for what DO schools I should apply to.

cGPA: 3.65 (major in the humanities)
sGPA: 3.71
MCAT: 28 (7 VR, 10 PS, 11 BS)

Ohio Resident
LOR's from 2 science prof (one of which I'm homies with so I expect it'll be really good) and a doctor who runs the DO Residency program at a hospital (but he's an MD)

EC's - Lots of involvement in chemistry. GenChem TA twice, now an Ochem TA for my gap year (although there is no where on the primary to talk about gap year stuff, I assume secondaries will ask?). By far the most involved thing I have is research. 1000+ Hours research in a physical chemistry lab, no pub but over 10 presentations, won a competitive summer research grant worth over 3k dollars, and got 3rd place at a poster forum. Also some leadership and stuff, shadowed an MD and a DO (both do primary care), around 100 hours clinical volunteering.

Personal Statement is the last part of my app that I am working on, so side note - if anyone is willing to check mine out that would be cool (I plan to tie in how I've lost over 100 lbs in college with my passion for health and wellness).

Obviously I'll be applying to OU-HCOM. Do you think I'm competitive there? What other schools am I competitive at? I'm worried about the 7 Verbal score. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You have a shot at just about any DO school I would say. However, I am sure others will clarify.

You're fine for any DO school, and you should also try Wright State, OSU, U Cincy, NEOMED and U Toldeo.

Hi all. Was wondering if you could give me advice for what DO schools I should apply to.

cGPA: 3.65 (major in the humanities)
sGPA: 3.71
MCAT: 28 (7 VR, 10 PS, 11 BS)

Ohio Resident
LOR's from 2 science prof (one of which I'm homies with so I expect it'll be really good) and a doctor who runs the DO Residency program at a hospital (but he's an MD)

EC's - Lots of involvement in chemistry. GenChem TA twice, now an Ochem TA for my gap year (although there is no where on the primary to talk about gap year stuff, I assume secondaries will ask?). By far the most involved thing I have is research. 1000+ Hours research in a physical chemistry lab, no pub but over 10 presentations, won a competitive summer research grant worth over 3k dollars, and got 3rd place at a poster forum. Also some leadership and stuff, shadowed an MD and a DO (both do primary care), around 100 hours clinical volunteering.

Personal Statement is the last part of my app that I am working on, so side note - if anyone is willing to check mine out that would be cool (I plan to tie in how I've lost over 100 lbs in college with my passion for health and wellness).

Obviously I'll be applying to OU-HCOM. Do you think I'm competitive there? What other schools am I competitive at? I'm worried about the 7 Verbal score. thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You're fine for any DO school, and you should also try Wright State, OSU, U Cincy, NEOMED and U Toldeo.

Hey thanks for the advice. Do you think I'm too late for those MD's? My 7 Verbal scared me away from applying there so I didn't bother. I could feasibly fill out my AMCAS and have it ready by the end of August, which is when I plan to have my AACOMAS done. Isn't that super late for MD? My mom wants me to go for it so I probably will, but I feel like OSU will laugh me out the building with that verbal score.

No, you're not too late. State schools favor the home team.

Hey thanks for the advice. Do you think I'm too late for those MD's? My 7 Verbal scared me away from applying there so I didn't bother. I could feasibly fill out my AMCAS and have it ready by the end of August, which is when I plan to have my AACOMAS done. Isn't that super late for MD? My mom wants me to go for it so I probably will, but I feel like OSU will laugh me out the building with that verbal score.

Hurry and get those state MD apps in because you live in a friendly state and have a decent chance at them. Your fine for whatever DO school you want to go, although I would be surprised if you didn't get into OU-HCOM.