School Recommendations with 3.91 GPA and 33 MCAT.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mamba24nation

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am a Senior at UW-Madison majoring in Neuroscience. I have a 3.91 GPA and a 33 MCAT (12-10-11). I plan to apply both to the UW School of Medicine and Public Health as well as MCW next cycle. Where else should I apply with these statistics?

A little bit more about myself:

3 years of research experience in a Neuroscience lab, studying traumatic brain injury. Winner of prestigious Research Fellowship with a few presentations. No publications.

At least 150+ hours of clinical volunteering experience through a local non-profit clinic serving the underrepresented minority population.

1.5 years working as a personal care attendant for a quadripelegic man.

Hospice care volunteer

Multiple leadership positions through student organizations on campus as well as Phi Kappa Phi. I am also currently working as a Teaching Assistant for an Entering Research course.

I don't have a ton of shadowing experience but I plan to add more throughout the year. I also plan to apply June 1st and I will have at least 4 strong letters of recommendation.

Thank you all for your help it is very much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.