School start dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flyindentist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently have my dental school applications in. I'm wondering when most dental schools usually start. I'm planning to compete in an Ironman next summer. There is one Boulder, CO that I'd like to do but it is Aug 7th. I'd hate to drop $700 on a race and then not be able to show up. I know most dental schools usually start in August sometime but I don't know where to find dates or if they even publish them.

Members don't see this ad.

Look up the academic calendars for each school and you should be able to either get an exact answer or an estimation.

Some start end of July many beginning of August. I'd check out some iron man races in July

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually I've heard of schools that start as early as June, and my school starts late September, so there is a very wide range.

Dang, I would love to start in August. We started mid July.

Thank you for the responses. It looks like I'll just have to do Ironman Texas to be on the safe side. It is May 15. That way there is no possible conflicts with school starting.

Iowa D1's starts August 24th this year, I believe.

NYU starts August 17.

I currently have my dental school applications in. I'm wondering when most dental schools usually start. I'm planning to compete in an Ironman next summer. There is one Boulder, CO that I'd like to do but it is Aug 7th. I'd hate to drop $700 on a race and then not be able to show up. I know most dental schools usually start in August sometime but I don't know where to find dates or if they even publish them.

Over here at VCU we just finished our second week of class after starting on August 3rd. Be sure to keep in mind that you will likely be required to attend a mandatory orientation as a D1....ours was a full week before classes officially started.