School Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlindWillieMCT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am finalizing my application and was hoping for some comments on my list of schools as it is now (far from final)

Michigan resident
3.53 cGPA
3.47 BCPM

30 O MCAT 8P 10V 12B

MSU
Wayne
Toledo
Drexel
East Virg.
Jefferson
Loyola
New York Med Coll
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Commonwealth
Tulane
Illinois
Kansas
Utah (yes I have family there)
VCU
WVU

Thoughts: so what about more new york schools? Indiana? Creighton? USUHS? ...

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't add any NY schools or Indiana. Creighton would be alright to add, if you like. I'm sure you've been told this, but your gpa is a little low and may make things tough for you. According to the school selection spreadsheet (sorry if you already checked this out - if not it's at the top of the forum thread list), all but MSU, Kansas, Utah, and Commonwealth are "hopeful" schools. Maybe you could add Marshall? Though they admit mostly in-state people, it's marked "high chance."

All that said, you've chosen well from the available MD schools. Best of luck!

Ehh, I think you've got too many OOS public schools. I would replace some schools like EVMS, WVU, Rush, and Kansas with schools like SLU, Creighton, GWU, Temple, Penn State, SUNYs, etc.

I would also add your other state school.

I would add some DO schools to minimize the risk of not getting an acceptance in one cycle.

Did you want to run your ECs past us, or are you confident you have the usual expected elements on your application?