School to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tnguyen2512

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am applying to dental schools this June, and I really need your helps/feedbacks on what schools should I apply to.

Here is a little bit information about my background, I am a senior now, and I will finish my B.S in Biomedical Science in May, but I will just stay in school and minor in business or finance. I am also Florida resident, southeastern Asian origin. I have 3.9 cumGPA and sGPA; around 100 hours of shadowing; 150 hours hospital volunteer; 20 hours general community service. I already took my DAT in Aug. 2013, and here is my score/subscores.

View attachment 180301

Now to the main point, I GREATLY need your helps in my school choice. Here is the list of the schools that I will be applying to:

1. University of Florida College of Dentistry
2. Nova Southestern University College of Dentistry
3.LECOM School of Dental Medicine
4. Roseman University Of Health Sciences College Of Dental Medicine
5. New York University College Of Dentistry
6. Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Dentistry
7. UNIVERSITY AT BUFFALO SCHOOL OF DENTAL MEDICINE
8. University Of New England College Of Dental Medicine
9. Case Western Reserve University School Of Dental Medicine
10. Midwestern University College Of Dental Medicine
11. A. T. Still University - Missouri School Of Dentistry & Oral Health

Please take a look and let me know what schools should I remove/add to the list and the reason behind it.

Thank you so much for you time and consideration,

I really appreciate your inputs.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you have a chance to get into those schools with your scores

I am no expert on this, but you could always throw in some "state" schools in there and try your luck. You seem to have a pretty solid application. If a state school lets you switch to in-state tuition after your first year, that means you save plenty of money. Quite a few schools do this, and I'd just do a search to find them--I think a thread was even made recently.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would remove UNE, Roseman, and ASDOH, and replace them with UNC, UConn, Michigan, UCSF, and UCLA. But it's hard to make recommendations when we have little to go off of other than scores and residence. What are you looking for in a school?

I would remove UNE, Roseman, and ASDOH, and replace them with UNC, UConn, Michigan, UCSF, and UCLA. But it's hard to make recommendations when we have little to go off of other than scores and residence. What are you looking for in a school?

Hi free99, why would you recommend these schools? there stat seem higher than my score. so what other info can I give you?
thanx

bump!!! any more inputs will be greatly appreciated!!!