School X, Y, Z

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cschellh

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

So- I'm just a little confused about my GPA-

Here's the situation:

School A (primary school) = ~100 credits w/ a 3.78 GPA (cumulative)

School B = ~4 credits w/ a 3.20 (1 class)

School C = ~7 credits w/ a 2.90 (2 classes)

OBVIOUSLY variation due to only taking one course or two at schools B + C, but I was wondering how my GPA will look w/ pharmcas? Of note (maybe?) that all of my science courses are at school A

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you just add your classes from school B and C (or Y and Z based on your title) to your classes from school A? If you need help doing so let me know through a PM. Also, any repeated courses will change your GPA.

Why don't you just add your classes from school B and C (or Y and Z based on your title) to your classes from school A? If you need help doing so let me know through a PM. Also, any repeated courses will change your GPA.

Ohh.. yeah that's the most common sense thing to do =) I just basically wanted to make sure that they wouldn't be looked at individually.. that they would be chunked together.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks!

Random question...how can you get a 3.2 GPA from one class? Isn't a B+ a 3.3? Totally irrelevant, but just curious.

I'm sure the admissions committee will also see each school you went to, it's just that your GPA on PharmCAS is calculated together. Send a PM to Admissions and ask him.

Random question...how can you get a 3.2 GPA from one class? Isn't a B+ a 3.3? Totally irrelevant, but just curious.

At certain universities (in this case Oakland Univ) they don't give out 3.3, 3.7, 4.0 only- they give out 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.9 ect based on the percent that you get. On Pharmcas- I believe it will be calculated as a 3.3 since it is equivalent to a B+ on their scale.

On Pharmcas they have different scales that determine what the equivalents are for schools that use numerics instead of grades.

:D

I'm sure the admissions committee will also see each school you went to, it's just that your GPA on PharmCAS is calculated together. Send a PM to Admissions and ask him.

Yeah, I was thinking about it after and obviously they aren't going to give multiple GPAs to the schools, they'd have to chunk it together =)

Thanks again!